005 ➜ SIERRA

I LAID LOW, I COULD NO LONGER FEEL THE BEATING OF MY HEART AND THE PIG WAS IN PLAIN SIGHT. It was just me hunting as my sisters had been placed in a room where they do monthly check-ups, I always dreaded the day since I would be alone for hours on end. I believe Owen went with them as he wouldn't turn up until my sisters come back, I wish he didn't go. You learn that it's quite lonely when there's no annoying human telling you his whole life story while you're tearing apart a carcass.

The pink creature suddenly stopped in its tracks and turned its head left and right, does it know I'm here? I moved backward behind a tree, my head slowly peeped out. I counted down three seconds to see what the pig would do before I launched out of the bushes and rammed myself into the pigs side, killing it in one go.

I roared in Victory and slammed my head into its side, blood smearing over my face as I shove what I can in my throat as quickly as I can, something I was forced to learn as my sisters do not like to share. I did not mind the red sticky blood really, In full honesty I barely noticed it was there. Although, I believe the humans mind a lot as I hear a few groans and 'I feel sick'. I do not know why though, how else am I meant to eat? You were the one who chose to watch me.

Something rattled the gate behind me. Owen wasn't here so who would dare even go in a few feet of it? It's the only place that raptors and humans can touch with nothing but a few metal bars between them, no human would even think of going close. It's a death wish even if it's me that they are with.

* * * *

I COULD SMELL THE MAN BEFORE I COULD SEE HIM, what a stench. He made my stomach feel sick and I knew, If I were ever to be set free. I would avoid eating him unless I wanted to die.

But I was lonely and I could deal with the stench if I'd have some company. I walked towards the gate and saw his suit and tie, he looked fancy for a person. He saw me walk to him and he stood up straighter. His voice started to click like a bird. He was strange. I am not a bird, you silly human. I growled and he growled back, what an idiot.

"Hello Sierra," The man said, he knew my name, "I'm Vic Hoskins," he spoke to me like I was a Human. I like this man. Even if he smells horrendous.

I gargled in return and tried to push my head through the bar so I could see him closer. I always did it with Owen so he could pet me, but there was no Owen. Only Vic. He slowly raised his hand and rubbed it against my head, I leaned in to his touch.

"Vic! You need to go over this," a man came in and his eyes widened when they saw me and Vic, his hand on my head.

"She's a sweetheart isn't she?" He asked the young boy.

"Uh, well... yes?" The boy answered and passed the notebook to Vic Hoskins who took it.

"Ugh, of course it's that Owen again," Vic said in annoyance.

That Owen? What does he mean?! Does he not like Owen?

"We might have to fire him if this continues, it's not like he's that important anyway,"

What? What did he just say?! I snapped my jaws at him and barged into the bars, Vic instantly jumped back in alarm.

Yeah. You stupid idiot human. I should've listened to your smell.

"Get this raptor away!" He yelled at the boy who grabbed an electric long thing. The boy nervously stepped towards me and I slapped my head and body in every direction possible.