Daniel

Daniel's POV

As soon as I heard that Nicky and Williams were parting ways at the end of the season, I could feel my breathing start to get heavier and more out of control.
I tried to keep it together by sympathising with Nicky but I could see Max's eyes on me. I knew that he could tell that something was wrong, even if the others couldn't. As soon as I told Nicky he could speak to me if needed I hurriedly excused myself and went up to my room.
I sat down in the corner with my legs tucked into my chest and put my head on my knees. My breathing became more rapid and out of control, the tears began to slide down my cheeks and everything became blury. I barely registered my door opening and the closing again. The next thing I knew was Max sitting down next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders.

Max's POV

I could see Danny starting to hyperventilate when the guys started talking about Nicky leaving Williams. Nobody else seemed to pick up on it however. When Danny excused himself and went upstairs I quickly followed him. I got to his room and saw him sitting in the corner with tears running down his cheeks. I sat down next to him and started to whisper softly in his ear.
'Nice deep breaths Danny'
'In and out, follow my breathing'
'That's it, well done'
'You're doing great'
I could hear his breathing return to normal and he let out a few shakey sobs.
'They're going to think me bad for walking out Maxy'
'No they're not, they'll be very understanding, do you want to talk about it'
'Well it just reminded me of what's happening to me at Mclaren and it just got on top of me'
'It gets on top of everybody sometimes, Charles has many panic attacks because of ferrari'
'Are you and Charles dating'
I froze, I didn't mean to bring up Charles but it just kind of slipped out and I had a decision to make

'Yes, me and Charles are dating, but you can't tell anybody else'

For some reason at that remark, Danny let out a shakey laugh.

'You idiot, pretty much everybody know you and Charles are a thing'
'Even Lando'
'Even Lando'
'Oh shit'
'You're so not subtle'
'Oh, well at least I made you laugh, do you feel better now'
'Yes thanks'
'Do you want to go downstairs and see if everyone wants to have a movie marathon'
'Okay then'

Me and Danny made our way downstairs, and I was glad that he was able to tell me what was on his mind.

***
Authors Note

I'd just like to thank SashaSWrites the chapter idea and for checking the chapter out before I published it. It was much appreciated.

I'd also like to thank you because at the time of writing I have gained over 100 votes  🥳🥳🥳🥳

I've also got over 2k views🥳🥳🥳