0.

PROLOGUE;

111 ACDRAGONSTONE

111 AC
DRAGONSTONE

RHAENYRA TARGARYEN HAD to endure her confinement in a state of frightened misery. She spent long months in the darkness inside
the Dragonstone castle.
Her mother was dead, her father in King's Landing with Alicent by his side wisphering in his ear, and Daemon again missing, last time she saw him was at her wedding with Leanor.

Her pain starts at midnight. 'It's too early,' one of my women says in fear. 'It's at least a month too early.'

Rhaenyra saw swift glance between midwife and her mother in law Rhaenys.

She had thought it would be a struggle, having heard all the terrible stories that women tell each other about screaming pain and babies that have to be turned, or babies that cannot be born and sometimes, fatally, have to be cut out, like her own mother, but Rhaenys orders two of the midwives to stand on either side of her to lift her up and she takes her face in her cold hands and looks into Rhaenyra eyes with her purple gaze and says quietly, 'I am going to count for you. Be very still, beloved, and listen to my voice. I am going to count from one to ten and as I count you will find your limbs get heavier and your breathing gets deeper and all you can hear is my voice. You will feel as if you are floating, and you will feel no pain.'

Rhaenyra is watching Rhaenys eyes and saw nothing but her steady expression and heard nothing but her quiet counting.

The pains come and go in her belly.

'There is nothing to fear,' Rhaenys says softly. 'There is never anything to fear. The worst fear is fear itself, and you can conquer that.'

'How can I conquer the worst fear?'

'You just decide,' she says simply. 'Just decide that you are not going to be a fearful woman and when you come to something that makes you afraid , you face it and walk towards it. Remember – anything you fear, you walk slowly and steadily towards it. And smile.'

'Choose to be brave,' Rhaenys urges Rhaenyra 'All the women of our family are as brave as our dragons. We don't whimper and we don't regret.'

'I think the baby is coming.'

'I think so too,' Rhaenys says, and turns to the midwives who hold Rhaenyra up, one under each arm, while the third kneels before her and listens with her ear against belly.

'Now. Your baby is ready, let him come into the world.'

'She needs to push,' one of the midwives says sharply.

Rhaenys overrules her. 'You don't need to struggle,' she says. 'Your baby is coming. Help him come to us, open your body and let him come into the world. You give birth, you don't force birth or besiege it. It's not a battle, it's an act of love. You give birth to your child and you can do it gently.'

And then there is a rush and a thrust and an inescapable sense of movement, and then the sharp crying noise of a child and Rhaenys smiling, and then her eyes are filled with tears, and she says to Rhaenyra ' You have a daughter.'

'Give me my baby!' Rhaenyra gives the order to midwife.

To Rhaenyra baby is perfect with brown hair and rosy lips, bit she know better and that not all will share her opinion.

But, with brown or withe hair baby in Rhaenyra arms is her heir and one day will sit on Irone Throne.

In that moment Rhaenyra is sure that her dynasty will last forever.

Leanor himself has been waiting all night outside the door for the news, like a loving husband who cannot wait for a messenger.

When he enters Rhaenyra says 'We will call her Rhaenys after your mother who helped me bring her to this world.
Princess Rhaenys of the House Velaryon, one day Targaryen, when she comes after me on the Iron Throne'

~

Some months latter Alicent and Viserys visit Rhaenyra and newborn princess on Dragonstone.

'I'm not disappointed in a girl,' he assures her as he meets her in the nursery and She finds him with the precious baby in his arms. 'She is the prettiest daintiest little girl that was ever born.'

Latter that same evening he places dragon egg in the cradle.

He does it to stop Alicent doubting the paternity of the baby, but sadly egg never hatches.

A/N

This is only short intro.
Next chapters will be better I promise😅
So stay with me 😀

P.S If you notice any grammar errors, please let me know, so I can fix them.

English is not my first language and I have some difficulties, but I think that writing is a great way to improve my language skills and that is one of the things why I do it.