33.

148 ACKING'S LANDING

148 AC
KING'S LANDING

RHAENYS ACCOMPANYED the younger children out in the gardens along with Aemond.

' Run along and play now, sweetlings, ' Rhaenys told Daena, Daeron and Visenya.

Visenya pulled Daena with her, leaving a confused Daeron behind. He looked toward his mother with a gaze like that of a scorned kitten. Having no choice but to lift him up into her arms, she kissed his cheek and cooed loving endearments until he grinned.

' My beautiful baby, ' Rhaenys beamed, earning a slightly offended sound.

' Am not baby, ' Daeron argued.

' Oh, but you are, my love, ' Rhaenys replied softly, holding him against her hip as she gazed into those Valyrian eyes, so unlike her own of a dull brown.

' Your mother is quite correct, ' Aemond addded.

' Love you, mama ' Daeron suddenly said, frowning adorably, ' Don't go away again. ' It was as if the Rhaenys heart sank into her gut when the little princeling said those words.

' Oh, my love, ' Rhaenys replied sadly, thinking of how she might. Forever.

Shaking those thoughts away, Rhaenys turned those brown eyes upon her son, once more, ' I will always be with you, even if not physically. I shall reside in your heart. '

' My heart? ' Daeron asked and Rhaenys gently patted his chest with her left hand, giving her son a watery smile.

' Yes, in here. You must only think of me and I will appear. It will bring you comfort. '

' Oh, ' little prince seemed perplexed but nodded, ' Alright. '

' Now run along and play with your sisters. Do not let them have all the fun. ' Rhaenys grinned teasingly and released him onto the ground, watching him squeal a goodbye as he clumsily ran over to the pond where his sisters were looking at the fish and frogs.

' Don't, ' Aemond said ' Do not say your goodbyes as if you will not be here on the morrow. '

' It was not a goodbye ' Rhaenys tried to lie.

~

Aemod was determined to take any viable course of action, in order to save her life. He would read up on new potions and herbs, different nutritious foods that could help.

Then, of course he would force her to consume said potions and herbs, even though Rhaenys remained highly skeptical toward it. She did it to please him, not because of any great belief in it.

Thoughts would race in her head and today was no different. She had been pondering the possibility of travelling to Dragonstone to have the baby.

Dragonstone was the her birth place, so she tought it would be poetic to be her dying place as well.