10.

130 ACHARRENHAL

130 AC
HARRENHAL

THEIR MARRIAGE ENDED the second Aemond made Alys his mistress.

At first she thought that maybe they could continue their marriage, that maybe she could forgive him, but as more time passed, the more she was certain that their marriage was over.

Rhaenys didn't necessarily resent Aemond for it.They were never in love with each other, they were forced to get married, but they had manged to become good friends through their marriage and she gave birth to his daughter.

Maybe he found true love in Alys.

But it was still humiliating for her and she was determined to get her revenge on him for humiliating her in that way.

~

Rhaenys could not stop wondering what had happened, well not what had happened in reality but what had been going through Aemond's head.

At her room's in Harrenhal, she laid in bed, almost welcoming the pain in her head, for it was so overwhelming that even the pain of Aemond's betrayal was dissolved in its dark sea.

On her way to Harrenhal, she didn't have much time to even think about Aemond and his mistress. And now when she was in same place as them she couldn't think about anything else.

Servents at castle wisphered behinde her back and wondered what was wrong with Rheanys, if her husaband left her for women 12 years his senior.

They said that: She was beautiful enough, so she must be terrible at bedsport if her lord husband had gone for Alys.

Was it because she was her mothers daughter?

Because she was not healthy enough?

Because she had not been tender enough, arguing with him ?

He left her and their daughter alone in middle of the the war, and in these long months he didn't even once returned to check what was going on with them.

When Aemond entered her room's to take a look at their daughter she did not even look at him. Instead, she hugged Alicent before giving her to Aemond.

Aemond took Alicent in his arms and their daughter in the same moment started crying.

Aemond was  surprised and hurt by Alicent's reaction.

That's a good girl, Rhaenys thought and kissed Alicent as Aemond handed Alicent back to her mother.

' How have you been? ' Aemond asked her.

Rhaenys did not bother to reply. Alicent wiggled in her arms, so she was face to face with her father.

' She doesn't like strangers ' Rhaenys explained.

Aemond seemed disappointed, as if the conversation wasn't going the way he had expected, and Rhaenys marveled at this.

What had he expected, that she'd greet him with a hug after he put a child in his mistress?

' We need to talk, Rhaenys ' Aemond said at last when even he understood that she could keep her silence till the end of the world if need be.

She nodded at the nursemaids to take the Alicent away. Aemond's eyes widened when Alicent started tugging at his wetnurse's bodice.

' I thought you nursed her yourself 'he said.

' I did ' Rhaenys replied. ' But then, I grew ill and lost my milk. For three weeks I couldn't even hold Alicent without dropping her. You would know that if you had been with us. '

' I'm sorry ' Aemond said. ' I'm sorry that ... I'm sorry I wasn't with you. '

' I'm sure you had some better things to do,like fucking that whore! '

No, this conversation wasn't going the way he wanted at all.

' I would came to vist you yesterday, but I suffered minor injury in combat, so I had to rest for a day ' he said out of nowhere ' You didn't come to see me ? '

' No one bothered to tell me that you were injured ' Rhaenys

' And would you have come if you had known? '

' No, ' Rhaenys replied.  ' I am not interested any longer in playing the devoted wife, just like you...'

' What? ' he asked. ' I left a note ,couple of days ago, explaining everything... explaining Alys means nothing to me. '

Rhaenys waved her hand and said ' I had no desire to read your pathetic explanations, so I burnt it before reading. '

' She was just moment of weakness nothing more, she was just one drunken mistake ' he said

' Did it have to be her? '

' I'm sorry '

' You always stated that you hate all of us Strong, and now you had taken one as your mistress.  '

'  I'm sorry for the pain I caused you '

She laughed and said ' Stop repeating you are sorry! Learn some new words! '

' Tell me what do you want to hear. '

' I want you to shut up and leave me alone! ' she yelled at him.

' I'm sorry ' je said again.

She snorted. ' Save your sorry's for your whore... where is she? '

He actually looked uncomfortable ' I was drunk and angry at your mother... and you after her new victory, and she was there...' he tried to explain.

' Don't you dare mention my mother! ' Rhaenys warned him icily. ' She made a mistake of not getting ride of you, your brothers and mother when you were still children. My mother will remain in people's minds as an able ruler in centuries to come and your brother will remain known as the Aegon the Unworthy. '

His hand hissed in the air and stopped mere inches away from her cheek. She did not move away. ' Come on! ' she urged. ' Come on, hit me! This is the only thing you haven't done to me yet and it's going to be the smallest of all the injuries you have dealt me! '

He brought his hand down slowly, forcing an expression of patience on his face.

' I demanded too much from you ' he said. ' I realize it now. You will always be loyal to your mother even if it means danger for our daughter. '

' Because she is worthy of loyalty. '

' When you are ready to finally talk to me with even a little reason, send for me and I will come. '

Aemond offered her a glass of wine but she pushed it and him away, wishing only to see him go away.

' Talk to you?? ' she said ' I never wish to talk to you again? '

' When you send for me, I'll come ' he repeated.

' Never! ' she replied.

...