𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

STRANGE YET FAMILIAR EYESKnown Also As

Known Also As...
{LANCELOT :: Part One}

➶︎➶︎➶

A week passed and I was finally released from my personal prison, formally called a sling. My arm was still sore and ached in places, but at least I was able to move it freely again.

Although I'm sure that Gaius wouldn't be too thrilled if he found out that I was using my arm to throw sticks for a dog.

"Was there a reason you decided to drag me out here with you? Or was it just to keep you company?" The words tumbled lazily from my mouth as I watched my mutt dart after the flying stick.

I was thankful that Merlin's little adventure had gotten me away from the sharp eyes of Gaius, but picking mushrooms for the man wasn't much better.

"If it's too keep you company, I don't have anything new to say since yesterday." I paused to yawn, still half asleep from our pre-sunrise hike into the woods. "And if it's for protection, you'll have to carry your own weight."

Unfortunately, my arm was still too sore to pull back a bowstring- which ruled out a sword as well. For now, I must be content with throwing knifes as a means of protecting. I was skilled with knifes, but not nearly as adapt as I was with a bow.

     I crouched down as Matthias ran back to me with a longer and skinnier stick than the one I had previously thrown. He was a smart dog- if not, easily distracted.

"That's funny," Merlin quipped, as he inspected another batch of fungi. "If anyone is going to protect anyone, it's always me."

     "You know, Merlin," I mused as I adjusted the dark green scarf I had tied around Matthias' thick white neck. "I don't think I've seen you use your magic like that. There was the bucket the first morning- Then, I guess when you revealed Valiant's snakes. But other than that, I've only ever seen you use it for smaller things."

     "Smaller things?" Merlin rose to his feet with furrowed eyebrows and a mock hurt expression as he dumped a handful of shrooms into his basket. "Do you know how many times I've already saved Arthur's life with magic? More than I should have to!"

     Rising to my full height, I flexed my arm as a dull throb shot through my shoulder. "All I'm asking is when do I get to be saved-"

Screech!

     Heavy footfalls and a sharp animalistic cry cut through my words. I would say it was irony, but I knew enough about my life to say it was on me for tempting fate.