𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

ESCAPE FROM CAMELOT CASTLEKnown also as

Known also as...
{THE BEGINNING OF THE END :: Part Two}

➶︎➶︎➶

Maybe it's intuition. Maybe it's just dumb luck. Whatever it is, I'm thankful for it.

     An hour had passed since the sun had truly set beyond the horizon, covering the quiet roads of Kings Crossing in darkness. Still, I found no trace of the boy; no whispers, suspicious figures, or loose lips from drunken slobs.

All in all, the roads of Kings Crossing seemed to be a dead end. It would be best to move into Low Town where I'd likely spot curious behaviors from people out past the mandated curfew.

As I stepped out into the Northern Road, when the banging of alarm bells stole several years off my life.

Three agonizing heartbeats pass before my instincts took over. Quickly, I climbed onto a cluster of barrels and scaled the house nearest to my right. As I pulled myself onto the thatched rooftop, the clattering of armor met my ears

     With my body pressed into the sharp reeds, I watched as none other than Arthur Pendragon rounded the distant corner to my left. A patrol of guards trailed him, holding torches aloft. The fire illuminated their armor and weapons. They were certainly prepared if they happened to stumble upon an ambush.

Lifting my gaze, I saw dozens of bobbing halos of light flooding down the streets of Camelot. The whole military had been sent out to look for the boy.

All of this for an lost, innocent boy. A boy.

     I scuffed under my breath. How could Uther condemn a people who only wished to be free without fear of death? What had happened to him that made him hate magic so much that he would go as far as to kill a child, who's only mistake was coming into the city?

    I couldn't stay here. If I was caught, I would no doubt be dubbed an accomplice. It wouldn't matter if I was found with the boy or not. If there was anything I've learned, it's that Uther doesn't bother with technicalities.

As Arthur's patrol passed me by, none the wiser of my presence, I jumped over the clotheslines that separated me from the roof tops on the other side of the narrow road. With no better lead to follow, I trailed the patrol as they marched down the Northern Road, away from the city center.

While I had little light to guide my way, I'd had several years of experience on rooftops and traversing dark nights. From up here, I could not only can I see the guard's mindless poking and prodding, but I could see at a greater distance than they could; A stray cat skidded across the main road. A tavern sign swung in the light breeze. A silhouette in a window just before a lamp light was blown out.