𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

DYING FOR A TITLEKnown Also As

DYING FOR A TITLE
Known Also As...
{LANCELOT :: Part Two}

➶︎➶︎➶

Despite being used as bait while Merlin committed identity fraud, I tried my best not to be annoyed. It would be rather hypocritical of me otherwise.

Still, I breathed easier when we finally put the library behind us- and not just because the upstairs had a clear lack of dust.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" I asked as we entered the main corridor, weaving between passing servants.

Merlin gently tapped the top of the scroll that was hidden within his jacket. While the boy smiled proudly, I held back a grimace.

"Merlin," I whispered delicately. "I don't want to be the enemy here, but if this doesn't work the way you want it to, I'm afraid it won't be your hopes that are dashed."

     The boy shook his head, seeming non the wiser of my hinting toward a fatal outcome. "Then, it will just have to work. You'll see." He answered.

Upon entering the apothecary, we found a rather dejected looking Lancelot peeling an apple. His eyes were glazed over, as if his mind was a hundred miles away. It was obvious that he was having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that his dreams had been rigged from the start.

Barging into the room, the warlock withdrew the scroll from his jacket. He held up the paper with a giddy smile and a flourish.

I quickly closed the door.

Glancing up from his fruit, Lancelot raised a brow. "What's that?"

      Sidestepping Merlin, I locked eyes with Lancelot and snatched the apple from his hands. I figured I should get my piece in before the wizard's stubborn ambition seduced Lancelot onto his side.

I grabbed the man's shoulder, willing him to listen. "It would be better for you to move on from Camelot, then go along with Merlin's schemes. Don't sit around waiting for life to hand you what you want."

"Instead," Merlin cut in. "You should take life by the reins and make it give you what you want."

"Do what?" Lancelot asked. He gestured toward the scroll as he stole back his apple. "All I see is a piece of parchment."

"Not just any parchment." Merlin waved the scroll, ignoring my sizzling disapproval. "This is your seal of nobility."

"I don't understand-"