Chapter 2

"That boy keeps staring at you," Derek mumbles to Y/N.

Y/N looked up from her meal to look around the diner to see who Derek was talking about, "I don't see anyone looking at me."

Stiles scoffs at her, "Yeah, because they aren't going to keep staring at you if you look up at them. That would make it too obvious that they're staring at you."

"I was talking about the boy in the large group in front of us," Derek states.

Y/N looks up to lock eyes with a young, brunette boy sitting in the middle of a large group of adults. The boy quickly looks away and tries to casually pretend he wasn't staring.

"Told you."

She rolls her eyes at Derek, "He probably just thinks I'm cute or something."

Derek grumbles in annoyance at someone else staring at his girlfriend. He slowly moves his arm to rest on the seat behind Y/N's back in an attempt to show that she's taken.

Stiles laughs at Derek's lack of subtlety, "Jealous, sourwolf? Scared someone will help her break free from the Stockholm syndrome she seems to have with you?"

Derek stops midway through biting into his burger to give Stiles a murderous glare. At his look, Stiles gives him a big, teasing smile.

"C'mon, Stiles," Scott says while nudging his arm, "You know they'd never be able to break her free. He keeps too many locks on the basement door."

Y/N gives him an unamused look, "You are both complete idiots."

"So, who was staring at you again," Stiles asks while looking around.

"The boy sitting in the group behind you. I'm sure it's nothing."

Stiles turns to look at who she's talking about before quickly turning back around with a shocked look on his face, "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god."

"What," Scott asks before turning around to see who has Stiles so stunned.

"The Avengers are sitting right behind us. The fucking Avengers are sitting right behind us!"

"Who are the Avengers? Are they some kind of band?" Derek asks.

"Who are the–," Stiles was flabbergasted at the statement, "The Avengers are the greatest superheroes of all time. While you're here dealing with the supernatural, they're everywhere dealing with everything else."

"I still don't know who they are."

"Yeah, he doesn't go online much or watch any TV." Y/N takes a long look at the table of Avengers. "Now that you say that, I'm starting to recognize them now. Well, at least I recognize Captain America from the anti-drug video we had to watch freshman year."

"The boy who was staring at you is Peter Stark. He's Tony Stark's son," Stiles informs her.

"Who's Tony Stark? The name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from where."

"Do you live under a rock?" Stiles asks as he shakes his head at her. "He's like the richest man in the world. He's got a net worth of about $100 billion."

"I wish I had that kind of money," Scott grumbles.

"So, what does he do? What makes him a superhero?" Y/N questions Stiles.

"That's the thing," Stiles states excitedly, "he doesn't technically have any superpowers. He's a guy who's rich and smart and who made himself a suit that has superpowers. I have heard though that he may have given himself some super abilities, but it's never been confirmed."