Chapter 13

"Y/N's alive?" Sam wants to make sure he heard Bucky right.

The Avengers are sitting around the living room going through files as Bucky explains to Sam what is going on. Nick and Maria took the jet back to the compound to grab everyone's gear and send a team to the old base where they found the files. Stiles, Derek, Scott, and Lydia left for Lydia's lake house a while ago to meet up with the rest of their pack.

"We think so," Bruce states.

"We know so," Steve corrects him.

"You heard what the girl said. She knows when someone is dead and all the passwords were names of dead people."

Steve gives Bruce a harsh look, "She also said she can sense when someone is about to die. That means they aren't dead yet. Also, we just met her and we're supposed to believe she has some connection to dead people."

"We also didn't believe in werewolves and yet here we are," Nat mumbles under her breath.

"It was werewolves who took her from Hydra." Sam informs everyone, thinking about the videos he just watched, "At least, I think it was werewolves. They looked like Y/N with glowing eyes and claws and shit. They killed everyone but they took Y/N. Why?"

"Werewolves took her?" Bucky questions.

"Yeah."

"We should look up these people who claim they're Y/N's friends." Bucky states, still suspicious of Derek, "How do we know that they aren't the ones who kidnapped her and have brainwashed her into forgetting us? How does she not remember us?"

"She was three when she was taken," Bruce points out, "Do you remember anything from when you were three?"

"We're not talking about me, we're talking about Y/N," Bucky bites back defensively.

"Does Pepper know?" Sam asks Tony.

"I'm not telling her anything until I have to," Tony grumbles, reading through one of the files on Y/N.

"When is that?" Wanda questions.

"Whenever I feel like it." Tony sighs, running his fingers through his hair in a stressed manner, "She's the one who gave up on Y/N. She's the one who so easily replaced her. She doesn't deserve to know anything."

"She's still her daughter," Bruce points out.

"Is she?"

"When are we going to tell the others?" Sam asks, thinking about Vision, Clint, and their other friends.

"We'll tell them once we get her and Peter back and can 100% prove that she's my daughter," Tony states.

They continue to look through the files in silence except for the howls from the house across the lake.

"None of these files have any indication of where they could have her and Peter now." Steve sighs, throwing the file in his hands onto the coffee table, "All they talk about is the multiple experiments they performed on her. On a fucking three-year-old."

"Language," Natasha mumbles under her breath.

"We aren't going anywhere until we find something," Tony states.

"Why did it take them fourteen years to come and find her?" Wanda questions, not understanding why Hydra would come and get her now, "What changed?"

"Maybe they were too busy with other things," Sam suggests.

"We've raided multiple Hydra bases and none of them ever had any indication of Y/N or Shadow Wolf. They wouldn't do that unless there's a reason." Steve doesn't understand how there seems to be no trail leading them to Y/N. Even before when she was originally taken, they were never able to track her down, "According to the files, they took her when she was young because they thought it would be easier to brainwash her and more difficult to break her free. She's an adult now. She's not the same kid they took before."