Chapter 10

"Stiles?!" The tires on Scott's bike screech to a halt as he pulls up to the ditch where the wrecked Camaro lies.

"They're gone!" Stiles yells back to him. He's still stuck in the backseat, but he's no longer hanging upside down. He's also lucky that he seemed to escape with no injuries.

Scott dismounts from his bike and runs down to the wreckage. He opens the driver's side door and moves the seat out of the way for Stiles to climb out.

"They took them." Stiles looks at Scott with a scared look in his eyes.

"Who?"

"They took Y/N and Peter."

"I get that, but who took them?" Scott walks around to the front of the wrecked car to look for any indication of what happened.

"I-I don't know!" Stiles yells out in frustration, "They kinda looked like hunters but they were way too...too professional to be hunters!"

"If they were hunters, they wouldn't have taken Peter," Scott mumbles more to himself than Stiles.

Scott walks in front of Stiles as they hear a car pull up next to Scott's bike. They look up to see Derek jumping out of Lydia's car and running toward them.

"Derek, don't!" Lydia calls out to Derek.

"You!" Derek growls out towards Stiles, grabbing him by his jacket and slamming him up against the damaged Camaro, "You let her get taken?!"

"I was stuck in the back! They also had like a million guns and they all looked more than ready to shoot them!" Stiles screams back at him.

Scott pulls Derek off of Stiles and stands in between them, "This isn't helping!"

"Do you really think that I liked watching my sister take a dart to her neck and get thrown into the back of a giant, armored truck?! Do you think I liked feeling so useless?!"

"Can everyone stop talking for one second?!" Lydia exclaims, tired of Stiles and Derek's unless argument, "We need to find them and we need to find them now. We know that Y/N's got a hefty price tag on her head. Maybe Peter's on the list?"

"He's a werewolf." Derek states obviously, "Why wouldn't he be on the list?"

"God, you're such an idiot sometimes," Stiles mumbles under his breath before jumping back when Derek takes a step towards him, "She's talking about the Peter who was taken."

"His name was Peter?"

"Do you ever listen?"

"Stiles," Scott interjects.

Stiles rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath, "Even though Peter won't admit it, I know he's Spiderman. That doesn't mean he's on the third list. He wasn't on the first or second one. He's technically not supernatural. Why would he be on the third one?"

"What's Spiderman?" Derek asks.

"Why is Y/N dating you again?"

"She tells me it's because of how I am in b–"

"Okay!" Lydia interjects, "Again, none of this is helping!"

"We don't know who took them and we are standing around doing nothing." Scott states.

"They called her Shadow Wolf," Stiles whispers.

"What?"

"They called Y/N Shadow Wolf." Stiles starts to think back at what happened, "They sounded like they knew her."

"Could it have something to do with the powers she has? Or maybe her life before she was adopted?" Lydia asks.

"I don't know." Stiles replies, trying to think about how they know who Y/N is, "She's always told me she doesn't remember anything."