Chapter 24

"Mom? It was mom?" Stiles questions. He's making sure he keeps his eyes on the road as he drives but he's desperately wishing he could look Y/N in the eyes as she answers him so he knows she's not lying.

Y/N smiles a little thinking about their mom, "Yeah it was mom. She was friends with Talia and she was the one to block my memories. She also made sure my mind was blocked from being tampered with."

"How did you end up at their front door?" Scott asks her.

"She wanted to keep dad away from the supernatural and stuff. She never even told him who she was. Talia dropped me off at the house and mom pretended that she had no idea who I was." Y/N explains, looking sadly out the window next to her as she remembers her late mother.

"Did you know mom was a witch? I know she used to bring you to Deaton all the time to help you learn to control your powers and stuff and neither of you ever told me or dad about that until later, but did you really not know she was a witch?" Stiles doesn't understand how their mom was able to hide this from them.

"I had no idea," Y/N mumbles. "She brought me to Deaton once a week and not once did she ever tell me she had powers. Not even when I broke down sobbing about how much of a freak I was because I didn't know anyone who could do the things I did. I guess it makes sense though. I don't ever remember telling her about what I could do but she brought me to Deaton anyways. Maybe I did and I just don't remember it."

Derek squeezes Y/N's hand to let her know that he's there for her. He also can't stop thinking about his mom. Ever since he started dating Y/N, he's always wondered what his mom would think of her. He's even had dreams of him introducing Y/N to her, but they've already met. His mom is the reason Y/N is here today. She saved her.

"This doesn't make any sense," Stiles can't seem to wrap his head around everything. "If mom was so powerful, why is she dead?"

"I don't know," Y/N looks down at her and Derek's intertwined hands, "She was powerful but she wasn't invincible. Bad things can happen to anybody."

"Are you going to tell your dad?" Scott asks her.

"Not right now but I'll tell him eventually."

"He's waiting with Lydia and Deaton at your place," Stiles informs her.

"You told him?" Y/N whines in frustration. She didn't want her dad to worry about her. He's already worried about her enough without her getting kidnapped.

"I kinda had to. We showed up to a random facility in the middle of Oregon to rescue you and you weren't there. We didn't know how long it would take us to find you so we had to tell him. Plus, Melissa probably would've asked him why you weren't at work." Stiles explains.

"Shit, I forgot about work," Y/N groans thinking about work. She loves her job but after all the emotional turmoil she's been through in the last day or so, she just wants to shower, eat, and not leave her bed for about a week.

"My mom has already covered for you. You have a lot of time off apparently so you can use them if you want. I'm sure she'll make you take some time off even if you don't want to." Scott states.

Stiles pulls into the parking garage of Derek's and Y/N's apartment building. As he parks the jeep, he can see the others park their cars close to his. Everyone silently exits their cars and slowly walks to the elevators.

"We definitely all can't fit," Stiles states, looking around at everyone gathered around the elevator.

"We can wait," Peter Stark looks back at his family behind him and gives them a look to let them know that they can wait.