Chapter 23

Y/N stares at Derek for a moment contemplating whether he's lying or not. The look on his face says he's serious but she can't tell if he is. After watching for him for a few moments, she flicks her hand and the web holding Derek against the wall slowly fades away and releases him from its hold.

Derek's eyes never leave Y/N's as he walks over to her. Y/N can see the different emotions running through him. She can see that he's angry, concerned, and worried, but mostly she can see that he's relieved to see her again and that she looks physically okay. He knows that she's only been gone a day but he doesn't want to imagine everything that happened to her within the last twenty-four hours.

The second Y/N is within arm's length away from him, he grabs her arms and pulls her into his embrace. She quickly wraps her arms around him and hugs him tight. She can feel some oncoming tears threaten to fall but she holds them back because she doesn't want to break down in front of Rumlow and Gerard. Derek holds her as if it could be the last time he ever sees her again. His hearing is purely focused on her heartbeat to put his worries at ease. She's alive.

"I'm sorry about your car," Y/N mumbles.

Derek pulls back from the hug and places his hands on her face to make sure she's looking him in the eyes, "I don't care about my car. I only care about you."

Y/N moves her right hand up to lay on top of one of his hands while her left hand is clutching at the side of his t-shirt, "I know but that car means everything to you. I promise I'll pay for the repairs or I'll even get you a new one if I have to."

"Babe, you mean everything to me. Like you said, the car can be repaired or replaced but you can't. You don't owe me anything. I've been meaning to get a new one anyway." Derek looks deep into Y/N's eyes as he tries to get her to realize that he'd rather walk everywhere for the rest of his life if it meant that she was okay.

"You want a new one?"

Derek shrugs his shoulders, "Yeah. I'm thinking of getting something with a bit more room."

"Why?" Y/N looks at him with a confused look on her face.

"Well after we rebuild the Hale house I might need a bigger car," Derek smirks at her.

"You want to rebuild the Hale house?" Y/N smiles back at him with excitement in her eyes.

"I mean I still own it and it would be a great place to live. We could design it how we want, there's a lot of acres that we'd have, and we could actually have enough room for pack meetings and stuff."

"Why would your car need to be bigger?" Y/N asks with a teasing smile.

Derek smiles back at her, "Well a bigger car would be nice for groceries, or the pack, or whatever else the future decides to bring us."

Y/N wraps her arms around Derek and pulls him into her as he does the same to her, "Go on."

"A bigger car could be nice years down the line for some dogs, or cats, or plants, or maybe some mini Hales, or maybe some adopted Hales. It's whatever you want. If you want to expand, we'll expand. If you want it to just be me and you forever, then it will just be me and you. As long as you're there, I know my future will be complete." Derek looks at her with so much love in his eyes.

Y/N playfully shoves him a little and giggles, "Who are you and what have you with my broody boyfriend who rarely expresses his feelings?"

"He got a harsh awakening while you were gone. I can go get him back if you prefer him?" He jokes.

"No, I think I like this side of him," Y/N leans up and presses her lips against his. He kisses her back with so much passion she can feel his love for her.