Chapter- 6

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

The next few days, I had buried myself in my books to prepare for my ongoing exams and no one ever disturbed me.

Mr. Rathore had left to New York for a few days for some work and Malini aunty usually was out of the house. In the little time that I had spent with her, I found out that she had a chain of NGOs which works for women who had faced sexual harassment. It was a bit of surprise for me initially because our first meeting was still very engraved in my head where she was cold towards me and then all of a sudden, right in the same party, she had sent dinner for me.

As much as she was friendly with me, I didn't dare to question her kindness, how could I?

She had even got a new phone for me and I did make a few calls to my friends, assuring them that I was alright. They had panicked when they found my phone to be switched off and my parents hadn't told them about my whereabouts either.

Malini aunty had even allowed me to call them over but I was hesitant so I just told her that currently we all were busy studying for the exams which wasn't a complete lie.

Yesterday was my second-last exam, microeconomics and it went fairly well. All that was left was history and then I would be in my final semester of graduation.

I was reading about the prehistory to the age of Mauryas after dinner when there was a slight knock on the door.  I placed my books down on the bed and walked to the door, opening it, only to find Kirti, one of the maids, standing here. What could have happened? It was almost 11 PM and Malini aunty usually goes to bed by now.

" I am sorry to disturb you but Mr. Rathore is asking for you in his study and wants me to tell you that this is urgent but will not take much time." She said.

" He is back?" I asked, confused. I thought he was supposed to come back the day after. At least that's what Malini aunty had told me.

" Yes ma'am. He got back an hour ago." She replied, politely.

" It's Mythili for you and sure, I'll just be on my way in two minutes." I said and after giving me a nod, she left. I closed the door behind me and decided to change first before going to see him because for sure, I was not going in front of him wearing my stupid panda T-Shirt and shorts.

I put on a blue kurti with the same jeans I had worn to college yesterday before I left my room but as I walked out, I realised that I had no idea where the study was. The house was so huge and I hadn't even seen half of it in my time here.

" Where could the study be?" I muttered to myself descending the stairs when my leg somehow got stuck in between the floor stair's carpet in the dark and I lost my balance completely. Extremely confident about my fate of falling, I clenched my eyes shut but surprisingly, the fall never came. Instead, I found myself just hanging with a hold on my left wrist as I slowly opened my eyes, turning a little, to find that Mr. Rathore had caught hold of me before I could fall.