Chapter- 23

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

" Baba!" I threw myself in his arms as he walked in the room and then even pinched myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming about this but when I found Shivaay's eyes looking into mine, I knew this had really happened.

" My Gudiya." He addressed me by the endearment he used to call for me and this brought a huge smile on my face and his.

" Let's go home Baba. Let's go home." I said, making him keep his palm on my cheeks as I brushed his tears away, barely keeping a hold on mine but the moment he heard the word home, he immediately distanced himself from me and sat on the corner of the bed, shaking his head. Baba's hands started to shiver terribly and eyes watered even more.

" No. No home. They will.....they.....kill....kill you and me." He was having a panic attack and I rushed by the side of the bed, trying to hold his hand.

" No Baba. Not that place. My home. We will go to my home and I promise that you will be safe there." I somehow managed to utter those words with some clarity despite of chocking and tearing up. This was all so overwhelming, almost impossible that the gravity of it was still settling down.

I found Shivaay kneel beside me, trying to get Baba to have some water who looked at him in the most sceptical manner before accepting it.

" Baba they will not touch a hair on Mythili's head nor will they bring any harm to you. I promise." Shivaay kept an arm on his shoulder while taking the glass of water back.

" They are dangerous." Was all he said.

" I know. But you both are family." Shivaay replied, getting a hold of my hand in his other one and squeezed it gently.

" Family?" He asked, looking on confused and this time, I tried to tell him that this man here is my husband.

" We are married Baba. He's my husband." This was perhaps, the first time I had acknowledged our marriage in front of him and anyone else but I did it, avoiding to look at him but he squeezed my hand once again, turning my eyes to his face which had a ghost of a smile playing on his lips but his gaze was as intense as it could get and I was flustered to say.

" Gudiya is married? My Gudiya?" He stood up from the bed and we got on our feet too. The tears which I had wiped away from his eyes were back and I threw my arms around him again.

" I missed you so much Baba. I missed you." I let myself go, including my self-control to keep myself calm in front of him and just like that, I was a little girl again, on my twenty second birthday feeling like two again!

He did not say a word but the tears refused to leave his eyes and mine and after a while, he made me sit on the bed and then sat next to me, holding my hand.

" You still are my best friend Mythili. Look." He said, taking something out of under the pillow and gave it to me.

It was a photo of him and me when I was perhaps five or six years. I was in his arms and we both were grinning towards the camera.