Chapter- 7

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

I slowly turned around to face them and along with me, Hritik did too. Viraj and Amrita came closer to me.

" I swear I did not follow you all." I tried to make them see the truth but I also knew that they would never believe it to be a mere coincidence, which it honestly was.

" She is right. It was my idea to come here, treat the girls for all their help and efforts they put into teaching us." Viraj spoke up in my defence while Hritik nodded in agreement.

" Of course you'd all lie now. Mythili I don't think I raised you to be a liar." Mom took a few steps to where we were standing and came in front of me.

" I don't think you raised me at all mom." I had no idea how I let my thoughts slip by way of words just as soon and I could see fury in her eyes.

" You insolent little bitch. How dare you talk to your mother like this?" I saw her hand trying to reach for me and once again, I surprised myself by holding it and there was one more arm which held hers, Malini aunty's.

" How to you see it fit to raise your hand on your grown up daughter Mrs. Kapoor? You are a disgrace." Aunty came to stand in front of me as I left my mother's hand.

" Kapoor forget about your money. These papers which your daughter had signed without a second thought, after all will be of no use to you. You don't deserve her kindness or charity. You can go ahead and try to sue her but you will find my army of lawyers obstructing your every step and not to forget how your reputation will be tarnished as you drag your own daughter to court for money that she is entitled to." Shivaay spoke up as casually as if he was ordering something which surprised me. Does this man not fear anything? He is openly threatening father for god's sake!

" No Mr. Rathore. I still don't want the money. Please give those papers to them." I almost begged him. I still believe that my self-respect is higher than any amount of money.

" You can go ahead and put that money on fire for all I care Mythili but they will not get these papers. Your parents need a lesson or two and they need to be put into their place." He replied without sparing me another place as his eyes were fixated on my father who looked like he wanted to murder someone.

" But..." I tried to put my point, but to no avail.

" Enough." He said before walking out, leaving us to ourselves. My parents glared at me and walked out just after him.

" Mythili, would you like to come home with us or do you want to stay with your friends for a while?" Malini aunty asked, turning to me.

" I'd like to stay for a while aunty, if that is okay." I replied just as soon. I needed a break from everyone at this point trying to control my life and decisions, to be honest.