Family Madrigal

Miguel reached for his shirt with bright patterns and a pink, blue, and purple butterfly, fresh from the sewing table, plucked a thread, and threw it over his head. He then jumped off the bed, the house putting his shoes in front of him just in time. From the shelf, it wiggled his round green glasses over to him, which he took and put on, taking in a confident breath. "Make your family proud."

He ran down the stairs, greeting a picture of his late grandfather, "Morning, Abuelo!"

As he began to set the table, three children ran up to the window, one chugging a cup of coffee, all excited.

"Hey! When's the magic gift happen?!" Juancho yelled at him, then went back to drinking.

"My cousin's ceremony is tonight," Miguel answered with a smile as he continued setting out plates for breakfast.

"What's his gift?!" Alejandra demanded to know.

"We're gonna find out!"

"What's your gift?!" Juancho yelled at him, getting more hyped by the sip.

Playfully teasing, Miguel put a hand on his hip and smirked. "Who's askin'?"

"Us!" they all answered together.

"Well, us, I can't just talk about myself. I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals." He gestured at the family tree hanging on the wall.

"Who are the amazing Madrigals?!"

"Ah, you're not gonna leave me alone, are you? Casita, help me out." The house proceeded to do wherever Miguel told it to.

Miguel:
Drawers!

They rattled open and closed.

Miguel:
Floors!

The tiles shifted around.

Miguel:
Doors!

Each door began to glow with magic.

Miguel:
Let's go!

This is our home, we've got every generation
So full of music, a rhythm of its own design

Miguel banged on each door he passed to wake his family up, all except for Dolores', which he only hip-bumped.

Miguel:
This is my family, a perfect constellation

He opened the door to Isabela's room, who sat up in her bed, her hair flowing.

Miguel:
So many stars and everybody gets to shine

He ran, balancing, next to his older sister, Luisa, on the floor that moved as a treadmill while she ran herself, holding onto weights as she pumped her arms. Miguel slid backwards, leaving Luisa to do her thing as Alma came out, everybody dancing to her like the cult they were.

Miguel, Chorus:
Whoa!

Miguel:
But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show

Chorus:
Oh, oh, oh, oh

Miguel, Chorus:
Whoa!

Miguel:
She brought us here so many years ago