What Else Can I Do?

"You should have told me the second you saw the vision!" Alma yelled at Agustín, still extremely worried about her precious Casita. "Think of the family!"

"I was thinking of my son!" he argued, Julieta next to him, frowning in agreement.

Wind suddenly blew over, Alma whipping around. "Pepa, calm down!"

Félix was trying to calm his wife down as snow fell on her, trying to shoo it with his hat, but the matriarch was doing nothing to help. Rather than calming, the redhead glared at her mother. "I'm doing my best!"

"Yes," Félix agreed, narrowing his eyes.

"You're lucky it's not a hurricane!"

Julieta turned Alma's attention back to her when she firmly said, "Mamá, you've always been too hard on Miguel."

More cracks showed themselves, upsetting Alma even more. "Look around! We must protect our family, our Encanto! We cannot lose our home!"

One of the men from the crowd had come inside, getting Alma's attention. "Señora, perdón. People are becoming anxious about the magic. They want to see you."

Before she could go out, she decided, "Miguel was in that vision. Find him."

-

"We might wanna hurry..." Miguel said as another tremor waved through the house and the animals scattered past him.

"Ya can't rush the future," Bruno told him, Y/n pouring out sand for a bucket so he could make a circle, until she reached a chiguiro in her path.

"Move."

"And what if I show you something worse?" he asked, more anxious than before. If I see something you don't like, you're gonna be all, 'Bruno makes bad things happen. Oh, he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish,' " he pouted.

Y/n grabbed onto his hand. "We don't think you make bad things happen," she promised.

Miguel nodded, agreeing with her. "Sometimes, family weirdos just get a bad rap. You can do this."

Antonio handed him the stuffed jaguar that Miguel had made for him. "For the nerves," he explained with a nod before heading off.

He sighed and looked down at the circle.

Bruno:
"We don't talk about Bruno...
"We don't talk about Bruno..."

But I heard them everyday
Chasing my name away
A harbinger since I was young
To humble their minds with a prophetic guise
No child should envy or want

-

Alma and the townspeople had always asked Bruno for a vision since he was a little boy. Even when he cried when he saw it, they continued to push. As he predicted, they only got angry with him.

-

Bruno:
Eyes so deep, a sadness you could swim in
Another prophecy, god, let's see what it gets them

Y/n tried to reach out for his wrist, but he pulled away.

Bruno:
And I know they'll pin the blame on me, girl, Miguel
Oh, this future ain't meant to be seen, I can tell