20. Medical || Chase Brody

The sliding glass door slithered open for Chase, and he hesitantly stepped in from the bleak outdoors. White surrounded him, blinding him for half a second. The scent of sterile things filled his nose, smelling of alcohol and that slightly odd scent that all doctor offices seem to have. Chase gripped his nerf gun for comfort and stepped forward. His footsteps echoed around the large waiting room. There was nobody there. The lights were on, faint music was playing, it seemed like somebody should have been there, even just the receptionist. But the room was completely empty, save for Chase.
Chase wanted to call out, to see if someone was there, anybody. But something in his gut told him that that was a very bad idea.

stay as quiet as you can.
Chase backed up, turning to the sliding glass doors. They were still there, but the outside wasn't. There simply was just nothing there.

was there even an outside in the first place?
Chase felt his heart being squeezed with fear, his lungs tightening, his breathing shallow.

you have to get out of here.
Chase started walking towards a door that was set into the far wall. The closer he got, the darker the door got. When he reached the door, it was pitch black. He reached his hand out to push it open.

open it.
Chase pushed it open, the darkness beyond the door sucking him in.
He blinked, bright light blinding him again. He was in a hallway, doors surrounding him on every side. They were each marked with a number.

1

2

3

4

5

Chase walked past the doors.
Door 3 opened as he walked past Door 5.

run.
Chase took off, sprinting down the hall, numbered doors rushing past him.
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
15
Chase stopped when he reached Door 16.

go inside.
Chase opened the door and stepped inside, shutting it behind him. The room was dark and the light switch didn't work. Chase clicked on his flashlight he had been clutching for comfort, shining the beam around the room.

somethings wrong.

(I admit, not gore,  but i figured, i do a l0t of m3d1c4l g0r3 stories, so why not 3xp4nd)