Chapter 5───🍥✱*.。:。🍰✱*.:。✧*🍭

◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"Because what's worse than

knowing you want something,

besides knowing you can never have it?"

James Patterson,

◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Your body is tired because you haven't been able to sleep a wink due to the disturbing nightmares that have occurred

The entire dream was about Seokjin's final graduation week, when you go through the most devastating time of your life, losing your anchor - your father - and realizing that Seokjin will never be yours. That your unrealistic hopes and dreams were dashed. Where you had to accept expressly that Seokjin will never consider you as a romantic interest.

You were not his type. The unbearable truth made you acknowledge it was time to let go--forever.

You told your mother and Em that you could not attend work today. It was too distressing to see Seokjin again, and you still have unresolved feelings for the man your heart couldn't let go of but your mind dared to let go.

You just lay in your bed, your eyes red-rimmed from crying the entire night. Your mother found out about your latest encounter with Soekjin from Em. She couldn't believe she had left you there to deal with the devastation of your past.

You heard a knock on the door but were too tired to answer it. Your door was open, and you turned your mother and greeted her in Romansh. The language you and your mom still speak when alone. You tried to speak Korean as often as possible so that Emily could become fluent.

"Bonjour, Maman...( Good morning mom )you say"softly.

"bonjour, belle. (good morning, beautiful; how did you sleep?" She came in and sat at the edge of the bed, looking at you with concern, her gaze roaming over the red-rimmed edges of your big, expressive eyes. She is aware of your uphill battle with deep depression, and she cannot comprehend having to deal with the recurrence of the past that you have worked so hard to forget.

"I'm not feeling well, Mom; I couldn't sleep. I'm sure Emila told you about the Kims, the wedding couple. Seokjin is the younger sibling.'" You sat up straight and took a deep breath.

"You're an adult now, baby... and he's also an adult. You will be able to handle the situation now. You're not that idealistic and naive little student who showered him with excessive love. You've matured now." She smiled and took your hand in hers, affectionately rubbing it.