───🍥✱*.。:。🍰✱*.:。✧*🍭 Chapter 8

"You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone

who doesn't care about losing you." - Tablo

Recap

You close your wary eyes and exhale his scent deeply as you breathe out his name in a whisper, "S... Seokjin?"

......

When you looked up into his gentle, amused dark brown eyes, your head wanted to spiral in a million directions. Your frail heart was hammering almost inside your chest.

Nothing registered when you observed swift motion and with blinking eyes in the rain, you felt Seokjin placing the umbrella in your palm, protecting you from the chilly drops on your freezing shoulders. Shivers race up your spine as he pulls off his warm coat and quickly wraps it around your petite shoulders. You wanted to protest, but he tightened it around you. You inhaled deeply as you softly thanked him.

When he took the umbrella from your chilly and wet hand, his serious gaze left you dumbfounded.

"Now you're warmly covered--" he smirks as he lovingly pulls you towards his chest. You took a deep breath in. Oh, God...please don't let me go that path again, you silently lament in your mind. You felt his warm hands smoothing your dripping hair away from your face. His touch sent an electric current through your wet body, but you violently suppressed the forbidden feelings that wanted to spill out.

"S... Seokjin, w...what are you doing here?"You strangled it against his chest, still quivering. He wore a dark suit jacket over his classic Armani silk shirt and tie. You figure he's probably still at work.

You could feel the heat of the coat on your skin and you just wanted to cuddle up in the tantalizing scent of Seokjin. Your long eyelashes peered up at him, and your face flushed as you noticed his gaze piercing yours. He smiled softly as his hand gently brushed your cheek.

Your heart was pounding. It was as if you had been transported to a bizarre, alternate realm where Seokjin is caring for you right now. It was incredible.

"My PA, Su-Mei, and I noticed you as you walked past the Coffeeshop. I knew you were in trouble when it started raining because you didn't have an umbrella... Come on, let's stand beneath the bus stop shelter."I don't want you to get any wetter." He embraced your small shoulders and led you to the bus stop a few feet away.

"Thank you Seokjin... I think the bus will arrive in a few minutes. You don't have to wait for me. I'll be fine," you softly say. His presence already made you jittery.

"I'm not going to leave you here Puppyface...it's almost 3 pm and the road is closed due to a truck that drove into a ditch," Seokjin said, raising his eyebrows and smirking,". The main bus route is obstructed. The bus stops on this side of Gangnam will close for a few hours at least," he said regretfully, shaking his head, but still embracing you under his arm as one of his hands hold on to the umbrella to shield you from the outpouring.

"Oh, just great," you moaned aloud," D... do you know where another bus stop is? I'm not familiar with this side of Gangnam-gu. 'You look like you're going to burst out crying at your bleak luck.

"Don't worry, puppy 'I'm here....' His smile was so enticing that you couldn't help but stare at his wagging brows. You observed how he took his pricey cell phone from his pocket and dialed a number. You merely breathed and wrapped his warm coat around you even more tightly. Your clothing was drenched. Maybe Seokjin will call an Uber for you to get home. Your beloved phone drowned. Another added inconvenience. Your family must be worried at this point. You never ghost them when they text you. This day turned out to be bittersweet.