The City of Dreams

"Helloooo there, Night City! Stanley here with ya, and we got another day ahead of us in this city of dreams. Oo, I love this town! Love it like you might love a mother who popped you out on the steps of an orphanage once and now stops you to ask if you got a smoke for her! Every new day here means a hundred new arrivals! But only half these gonks'll survive a year. And that's if a good one! And why do these peeps come to NC? Well, to be street samurai like Morgan Blackhand and Weyland Boa Boa! The greater the risk, the bigger the bounty, kids. Or so they say... But you can only be a major league player for so long. The faster you live, the faster you burn out - if you don't get a bullet to the brain first! NC's legends! Know where you'll find most of 'em? The graveyard. Matters not where you're from, matters not where you start.  What matters here is the walk you walk. In Night City! the City of Dreams!"

We can see a boy with black hair and red eyes who is hiding behind a corner with a pistol in his hand and someone was shooting at him. This boy is none other than Garito Veskante, a mercenary who is now doing his job.

Garito: Fucking Maelstrom! Your boss is already dead so why not we leave this be and just walk away?!

Maelstrom member: When I'll have your head then it will be over!

Garito: Fuck, where is my backup?

Garito then peeked out of the corner and shot one Maelstrom in the head and took cover again.

Garito: Ok, one down, four to go.

Then he looked at the camera which was next to him and he quickhacked it, this gave him the exact locations of his enemies. Then Garito sacked his ammunition and he was surprised.

Garito: Fuck! Only two more shots?! Well, I'm royally fucked here.

Then Garito took a deep breath and peeked out of the corner and he saw that the rest of the Maelstrom were dead.

Garito: Wait what?

Then a person come to him and it was his friend Sasha.

Garito: Sasha! Thank god it's you! If that would be a different merc I think they would just steal the Eddies from me

Sasha: You're welcome. But now you owe me one.

Garito: Yeah, I'll give you a cut when the fixer will pay me.

Sasha: Good to hear.

Sasha smiled but then her eyes turned yellow which meant that someone is calling her. So she take care of the call and then she started leaving.

Sasha: Sorry, my crew needs me now. See you later.

Garito: Yeah!

Then Garito left the building and called the fixer who hired him.

Rogue: Color me impressed, Garito. As you know I don't much trust the new mercs like yourself but maybe there is something in you. Eddies are on their way, and the contract closed.