Partners in crime

Garito sits dumfoldly looking in front of The Devil now known as Laura.

Garito: So you are the real "The Devil" from my dream?

Laura: First of all it wasn't a dream it was my memory. I projected it in your head so this conversation could go faster.

Garito: So are you real or...?

Laura: Will this answer your question?

Then Laura winded up her punch and punched Garito in the face but her hand went through him.

Laura: See? I'm in your head.

Garito: How did that even happen?

Laura smirked and pointed at her back.

Laura: That Sandevistan was mine to start with but after what Arasaka did to me I became its AI and protected it from any Netrunner attack like from that Lucy girl. She couldn't even scan it properly. But all that changed when you took the shot in the back that caused the malfunction and allowed me to get in your head and here I'm now.

Garito: Wow, I guess you are now stacked with me, huh?

Laura: You betcha. But I think you are better than Adam Smasher, I would go nuts to be combined with him.

Garito: I can imagen.

Laura: Now you know everything important so-

Then out of nowhere someone called Garito and it was Lucy.

But Garito ignores it. But after five minutes of Lucy's attempts to call him, Garito finally answered.

Garito: What do you want?!

Lucy: Garito, we need to talk.

Garito: I don't think so.

Lucy: Just come meet me and I'll explain everything.

Garito: Not gonna budge.

Lucy: Look I know why you hate me and you have a good reason to but I want to make it up to you.

Garito let out a big sigh.

Garito: You won't stop until I agree don't you?

Lucy: Yes.

Garito: Fine I'll be there.

Garito hang up and Laura looked at him with a smirk.

Garito: What are you looking at?

Laura: I see you are that type of guy who is hard to get but inside you are soft aren't you?

Garito: None of your fucking business.

After some time Garito gets to the place where Lucy was waiting for him dressed in some workout clothes.

Lucy: You showed up? I didn't expect that.

Garito: So what do you want to talk about?

Lucy: I'll go straight to the point.

Then Lucy transfer some of her Eddies to Garito's account which surprised him.

Garito: What is that?

Lucy: Here are Eddies for our little shard stealing and I give you 40% because you did a really good job for 25%.

Garito: I see now, you are trying to buy my friendship don't you?