TWENTY-TWO.

"When the stars go out, you can rest your love on me,
And when the world gets loud, baby, you can rest your love on me."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COREY'S POV:

COREY'S POV:

I make my way to Logan's house to meet up with the lads. When I get there I let myself in as they are expecting me and it's something we have always done with each other. As I walk in, Logan' dad is walking out of the kitchen to go to the living room and he greets me with a raise of his can of beer. "They're out back."

"Thank you, sir." I tell him and make my way outside to the shed, the smell of weed hitting me instantly.

"Look who finally decided to join us." Liam says and everyone says a mumbled greeting to me.

"Looks like you didn't waste any time getting high." I observe, taking a seat on the sofa wedging myself  in between Willem and Nathan.

"Well, we weren't about to wait, god knows how long for you to get here." Logan chuckles, offering me a half smoked cigarette.

"No thanks." I decline, pushing his outstretched hand away and he almost drops the cigarette as he was only half paying attention.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against weed and I do smoke it every now and then but I have to be in the right mood for it. I can't smoke it when my mind is going crazy, I know it's supposed to help calm people but for me it just makes me even more paranoid. If I smoke it right now then all the thoughts I'm having about Nadia would be too much to handle, especially since I'm sitting next to her very overprotective brother.

I want my mind to quiet for just a few moments, and it won't happen if I'm sitting in here with the smell of weed floating around suffocating me. If I could have a drink to settle the way my mind is going, I would but I can't drink because of training and I don't want to end up relying on it like my dad does. When my dad takes a bottle to his lips to feel okay, I find solace in being alone. I sometimes crave the freedom it brings. I can remember who I am and what I want without anything corrupting my mind, steering me away from who I want to be.

"Why are you late anyway?" Zack asks, prying into my personal life like always.

"He was at a meal." Willem inputs, patting his hand on my shoulder with a growing smirk on his face.

"If that's what we're calling it now." Nathan grins up at me from where he's slouched down on the sofa with his cigarette clenched between his teeth, causing me to roll my eyes and Willem to let out a startled laugh.

"You told him?" I ask Willem, slapping him on the back of his head in annoyance as Nathan has such a big mouth so anyone can now know.

"No, he was looking at my phone." Willem defends.