FOURTY-ONE.

"I don't know what you're going through,
But there's so much life ahead of you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NADIA'S POV:

NADIA'S POV:

I am filled with nerves and have been all night so I didn't get much sleep. My mum doesn't look like she's had much either as the bags are evident under her eyes. She woke me up about half an hour ago so that I could get ready but I have fallen back to sleep a couple times since then.

"Nadia, come on now. We have to go." My mum raises her voice, walking into my room and opening the blinds to let the sunlight in.

"I'd rather not, can we postpone?" I ask, half serious.

"Dream on.'' She laughs, pulling the covers off me so that I get up quicker. I am so exhausted, more than usual today because I have been filled with anxiety all night.

I hold up my arms for my mum to take and she does so, pulling me up out of bed with ease. I stay sat as she lifts my legs up to put my joggers on and then lifts my arms so she can put a T-shirt over my head. My throat is so dry and I am gagging for a drink but I am only allowed to have a couple of sips before my surgery. My stomach is also rumbling as I haven't been able to eat anything since last night.

We make our way to the car, without stopping for breakfast in the kitchen because mum has already eaten and I am not allowed to, and we are stopped when we see there is a bouquet of flowers blocking the doorstep.

Mum crouches down to look for a note as I stay upright, admiring the array of yellow sunflowers in the wooden basket. These flowers look handpicked as they aren't smart enough to be store bought and that makes me feel like whoever sent me these either thought of flowers last minute or put more effort into the gift. Handpicked flowers are always more sentimental in my opinion.

"Oh my god," My mum almost squeals and I am more intrigued. "They are from Corey."

"What?" I ask dumbfounded and she hands me the note that was lost inside of the flowers.

"Everybody can have a new chapter, maybe this is where you start yours.
There are always stars you haven't seen and dreams you haven't dreamt.
Good luck, C."

I feel tears forming in my eyes as I read the note over and over and I don't think I can move as my body has turned to jelly, but I know I have to as I have to get to the hospital. Mum picks up the basket and takes them inside and I assume she tells dad to put them in a vase and water so that they don't die. I keep the note in my hand and bring it to the hospital with me.

"Mum, can I ask you something?" I speak up because it is quite a long car journey.

"Of course you can, sweet." She responds, taking a left turn.