2-Adopting Him

He was talking to the old hag who owned the orphanage, she seemed distressed and somewhat worried. The man only smiled and nodded to her when she spoke to him. She let out a sigh and turned her head over stopping when she saw him. "Oh, Tom. I was just about to call you." Her voice had a strained sweetness to it as she spoke. Tom stared at her as she pointed to the man. "This man has decided to adopt you, meet Mr. Hadrian perpel" "its peverell ma'am" toms eyes snapped over to the man who was smiling at him. It was a soft smile, nothing to big to be fake, and nothing to small to be bad.

The man- Mr. peverell walked over to Tom and kneeled in front of him. "Hello again Tom, its been a while" tom could only nod, sure he had his dignity so he made sure his face was blank, but his mask was slowly cracking with the new discovery. Mr. Peverell let out a small light chuckle. "Go ahead and pack anything you want to bring, especially anything important to you, take as much time as you need though" tom again only nodded. Mr. Peverell patted his head and stood up walking back to the lady who handed him a pen and a stack of papers.

Tom slowly walked up the stairs and as soon as he got out of sight of anyone, he booked it to his room. Anticipation  and joy literally radiated off of him as he started  packing his things into his old pillow case. It wasn't like he had a suitcase so this would have to do. He wondered why Mr. Peverell even wanted him, the old hag must of told him about him. That was probably why she looked so uneasy, but he still ended up adopting him.

It didn't take tom long to pack his things (and stolen trinkets). He didn't have much and wasn't about to bring the blanket that was practically as thin as paper with him. He went back downstairs to see Mr. Peverell handing the papers and the pen back to the old hag before turning around to face him. "You ready?" Tom again nodded and followed Mr. Peverell as he motioned him to come with him. They stepped outside and tom had yet to realize it was still barely morning, the sun was still rising and the air was cold and fresh. Tom shivered a bit as he followed Mr. Peverell to a car, it was a black car, not very common here. It wasn't all fancy but it sure was treated right, Mr. Peverell opened the back of the car as tom placed his pillowcase in it. Mr. Peverell fished out a pillow and blanket from the back and handed it to him. 

"Its going to be a long drive so might as well get comfy, go ahead and get in the backseat, ill be back in a moment" tom got into the back seat as Mr. Peverell closed the trunk. It was warmer in the car, probably cuz the heater was on. Tom examined the items he was given. The pillow was extra soft and actually filled unlike the ones he usually slept on. And the blanket was thick, soft, and warm. He couldn't help but snuggle up into the blanket and lean on the pillow with a small smile on his face. Out the window he saw Mr. Peverell walking out of the orphanage with his birth certificate in hand. He entered the drivers seat placing the paper in his bag.

'Goodbye orphanage.'