11-Chasing away snorkle-horns

It had been about 2 months since tom had been adopted, and he couldn't be happier. Hadrian was an amazing and loving fath- man. And teddy was already his best friend, practically brothers. He was a sweet boy and very inclusive. Tom was sitting in his room right now reading a book about a girl who could speak to crows. It was a fiction story but enjoying none the less. Teddy came barging into his room trying to catch his breath. The poor thing. As he was trying not to suffocate tom bookmarked his page and closed it looking at teddy who seemed more energetic and happy than usual. Teddy hopped onto the bed and just yanked tom off it making him yelp.
"Wha-" "BREAKFAST IS READY TOMM". I'm sighed and allowed the smaller boy to drag him to the dining room. As they got closer he could smell a very delicious aroma coming from the dining room. As teddy pushed him inside he almost gaped at the different foods that covered the table (which had to be expanded). Hadrian saw the two enter and smiled at them. "Sit down you to, before your food gets cold" he said fondly. The boys both sat down and grabbed their own plate while thanking the house elves.

Tom was very confused though. Hadrian and teddy were being more "loving?" Right now. Treating him like he was the most important person in the world. He didn't know why they were doing it and he would never admit at how warm it made him feel inside. After they finished eating Hadrian ushered them to the lounge where he turned on the fire then quickly ran out of the room.

Teddy had started braiding some of toms hair even if he couldn't do much to his short hair, it still entertained the both  of them as they waited for their fathe- Hadrian. Hadrian walked back into the room about 12 minutes later with boxes of different colors floating behind him. They landed softly into a pile in front of tom, now tom realized what was going on. It had been so long since he thought of his birthday, he had forgotten that today was in fact his day of birth.

He had no idea how to react or act so he great fully let Hadrian pass him the first present in the pile. He stared at the box, it was medium sized and covered in a baby blue colored wrapping paper. After a few minutes he slowly opened up the box and took out its contents. There was 2 books and pair of green mittens. The books were on elemental magic and a fantasy book called howls moving castle. Toms mouth opened but nothing came out, for what felt like house he stared at the gift, his first present, ever.

He looked up at teddy and Hadrian only to see concern on Teddy's face and a soft smile of understanding on Hadrian's face. Hadrian reached over and wipes his cheek that he now realized was wet. He has seen others cry before, but now that he's the one crying he doesn't know what to feel. But as Hadrian pulls him into his arms he can't help but let them fall. Hadrian soothed him, gently brushing his hand through toms hair and rubbing his back.
"Is this your first encounter wit snorkel-horns tom?" Teddy said with a soft smile. Tom sniffed and peeked over Hadrian's shoulder to him, "snorkel-horns?". "Little invisible creatures that crawl into your ears and makes you sad" Hadrian answered pulling back and gently wiping away his tear stained cheeks.
Tom giggled a bit and nodded. Toms first actual birthday was amazing, he loved every single present he was given and couldn't help but hug both teddy and Hadrian while muttering small shy thank you's.

Yep I gave y'all 2 chapters today 🤭