7- the importance of balance

Tom was wondering around the humongous library he found in the manor. He was a little down as he put away the 4th book he had read, they had all been about the wizarding world. You would think he would be happy, and he was, until he found out that his special ability to talk to snakes was frowned upon. How could something so harmless be so hated. There were many things that didn't make sense, why was so many things that could be helpful labeled bad because they were something called 'dark spells'. Like the sight returning spell, apparently it was labeled dark and bad because you used blood of another for the spell.

Tom huffed in frustration as he closed another book. He sulked down in the chair he had been using and sighed. "Not enjoying the readings child?" Tom jumped and turned to see Hadrian standing beside him. He relaxed and shrugged. "Just not what I was hoping for.." Tom muttered quietly as he handed the book to Hadrian. His guardian examined the book and gave him a sad smile. "Wizards here are a little too light centered. They don't understand the consequences of unbalanced magic and muggles knowing of our world." Hadrian put the book down on the table and picked tom up.

"But just because their books are more seen, doesn't mean others don't exist". Hadrian walked to the back corner of the library to where a picture of a different library hung in the shadows. Tom opened his mouth to ask him what he meant until Hadrian walked through the portrait ending with both of them in a whole different library. Toms eyes lit up like a child in a candy shop. The aura in this library was different than the other, it had a more dark yet soothing feeling to it.

"Can't have people finding these now can I?" Hadrian said with a grin. He continued to carry tom while searching for a few books. Tom was able to read the cover of some, Dark wizard history, the balance of our lady, Hogwarts rule book. Tom looked up at Hadrian with his nose scrunched in confusion. "What's hogwats?" "It's Hogwarts dear, and Hogwarts is the school you will be attending when you turn 11" Hadrian explained softly as he placed tom on a sofa and put the books on the table beside him.

I promise to try updating more, sorry, school has been rough, have a good day/night darling's!