Chapter Twelve:

The moment the words left her lips, my restraint snapped in two. Every memory I had of her rushed through my head and into my chest, forcing my heart to beat so hard I thought it'd explode.

You spent one hundred years lying to cover up your pain. Indulge for the moment.

Bending slightly, I slid my hand down her arm to the small of her back, pressing against it so she'd lift against me. When our hips touched, she gasped, but the sound was cut by my lips as I took her mouth in a full kiss. A deep kiss. I pushed my tongue between the parted gap and tasted the alcohol on her tongue. Sweet strawberry vodka.

Immediately, she sighed and moaned into my mouth. Her hands shot up to hold me, legs weakened and crumbling. I tightened my grip so she'd feel the force to stand, feel my need mixing with hers. As I tilted my head, taking the kiss further, she followed with more than curiosity. The way her heart pounded, her breath sped, and her leg brushed against my crotch with each subtle moan, a part of me felt this would be more than a kiss. With my blood boiling and rushing, would I be able to say 'no,' if it would be?

Taking my chance, I passed my hand over her hip, then up her side. My fingers brushed over her breasts, gently grazing her nipples through her tank top. She whimpered against my lips.

"Wait." Breaking the kiss for a moment, Priscilla quickly looked up into my eyes and breathed, "Couch."

This was more than a kiss. I smirked, trying to hide my apparent sudden excitement, but I wasn't in the right pants to do it. "You said a kiss," I breathed back. I thought if I could sever the moment before it happened, then she could be saved from my darkness, and I wouldn't allow myself to fall for her light again.

It's too late. You fell long ago. It's only returning to the surface.

"I did." She chewed on her bottom lip and gently pushed me. I took three quick steps until my legs hit the couch. I leaned against the back of it, hands gripping the top of the cushions. Priscilla followed after me with slow, seductive steps. "But that kiss was exactly the same," she licked her lip, "so I wonder how the rest will be."

Fuck me. How far did her dreams go?

Biting my lip, I shook my head. "Priscilla," I chuckled nervously. I wanted this; shit, I needed this. But after three drinks, did she want this? When I'd taken my Priscilla in my arms, there wasn't alcohol or outside factors; it was her and me and the thoughts circling our heads for days.

Now, this had to be vodka-fueled. Clear liquor was a worse demon than I could ever be.

"Maybe we've had too much to drink," I said as she came back to my chest, her hands tugging at the bottom of the shirt to try and lift it over my head. "I can't... we can't just do it like this."

"Okay," she bit her lip and looked me up and down, starting from the top of my head, then settling on the bulge in my pants. "You're saying that, but your body isn't."

Priscilla, if only you knew how long it'd been since I had sex. The last woman who tried her hardest to get me home with her, hand her hands in my pants and everything; I learned then, and knew quickly, that the mortal 'one-night stand,' was overrated and not for me. I needed more. I wanted the same heat I felt long ago.

And I felt it now. Her 'dream' kiss gave that back to me.

"Priscilla," I grabbed her hands and put them to my chest, "if we do this, I want to do it right. Not like this. You're not like this, right? Neither am I."

She blinked at me, sucking on her bottom lip. Her eyes glossed over for a second, before she leaned in, brushing a kiss over my cheek. With her mouth close to my ear, she whispered, "You're sweet like him, too." Pulling back to look into my eyes, her flushed cheeks lifted with a smile. "Maybe you are him."