EPILOGUE

The sound of drumming fingers echoed within the Temple of the Seven. Each of us sat in our seats, patiently awaiting what would happen in the coming weeks. It'd been about a month since the Deadly Seven had changed, shifted positions, and accepted a new leadership. Our Mistress and Sire reminded us that we were a family unit and needed to behave as such.

But with a new strong Pride in the seat, overseeing our sins, we fell into stride without difficulty. It probably had to do with the spiritual education she'd received from Gabriel over the years that there wasn't much to teach. Priscilla fell into her position easily, even though I was shocked; as Envy, it took me at least a year to understand my purpose. Priscilla knew right away who she was and why.

Leaning back in her seat, Priscilla continued drumming her nails along the armrest with one hand; her other hand stroked her chin. Her once bright eyes changed to black, outlined with red, as her gaze passed over each of us. When she looked across the temple, at me, and we locked eyes, I thought for a moment how I believed I'd miss her golden stare. But the new pitch-black, sinful gaze was so sexy I could let her scowl at me all day without complaining.

"Has anyone brought news of souls?" Priscilla asked.

"Pride," Sloth cleared his throat as he leaned forward, respectfully, in his seat, "I have located a pure soul near—"

"No, no." Priscilla waved a hand and brushed away Sloth's proposition before he could start. "When I took this seat, it was discussed that we would stop the senseless killing."

"We did discuss that," Wrath mattered, playing with the earring on her right ear, "but it was also said that the Holy would stop supplying them. Until that happens, what are we supposed to offer Him and Her? We cannot starve them."

Priscilla raised both brows as she eyed Wrath. "If we provide an abundance of souls, they will not starve. All souls are precious. Didn't our Mistress say that?"

Priscilla had a point, and no one could argue it. Covering my mouth, I had to hide my grin because, with her one comment alone, the room fell silent. I scanned the room, looking at faces, and when I locked gazes with Gluttony, he shrugged with a smug look.

"Are we supposed to attack criminals?" Sloth whined. "The grimy, filthy, unbearable—"

"Souls similar to yours." Priscilla shot him a stern, dark gaze. "Yes, that's exactly who I need you to hunt and provide. I don't care how you do it. You've never had issues before, so what is stopping you now."

Again, silence. I looked at Priscilla as I licked my bottom lip. "We'll hunt this weekend," I said. "All of us. We'll go to a lounge," I eyed Sloth, mentioning calm, slow places he liked, "that is filled with youthful, wild mortals," my gaze passed over to Wrath and Lust, noting their needs for orgies, "and we'll scoop up a large number of people for you, Pride." Saying her name like that, addressing her by her name, gave me chills. I knew one day I'd be used to it, but at the moment, I did not want to. I liked the new feeling, the excitement, to know the power she could have over me.

"Good." She grinned at me, then waved her hand at the others. "All of you follow Envy and his instructions and bring back what I ask."

"Won't you come?" Greed, having his body restored by our Mistress the same night Priscilla became Pride, tugged at the sleeves of his suit jacket, then passed his hand over his slicked-back hair. "We'll need Pride's assistance."

"Oh, I'll be there." Standing from her seat, Priscilla walked across the temple to my space. She pressed her knee between my legs and leaned forward, the top of her breast visible with her low-cut black dress. I gulped as her floral scent filled my nose. Her finger trailed along my chest until she reached my neck. "I'll be there with Envy," she said.

"You two are always together." Greed stood from his seat. "Always."

Pulling Priscilla's hand away from my neck, I held it in mine, then brought her fingers to my lips to kiss them. To think, a month ago, I only wanted to be back within this circle with my fellow Sins. I hadn't thought that the quest to rejoin would not only give me my seat back but also bring back the love I felt I had lost long ago. And this, the unity with family and the desire for mortal love was what I truly wanted, not just to be Envy. Like this, with everything, I was whole.

"We will always be together," I whispered, looping my other hand around Priscilla's neck and pulling her head down for a kiss. "For eternity, as promised."