Epilogue

Two years later...

Ana's POV

"Eli, baby, you can't go in there!"

My attempt at stopping the toddler from running onto Alex's office fell on deaf ears.

Goodness toddlers were fast and trying to run while heavily pregnant did nothing but slow me down.

I heard a loud bang as the office door hit the wall.

"Da!"

I heard a deep voice rumbling and soon heard happy giggles coming from the toddler.

I was able to hear what Alex was saying to Eli as I got closer to the office.

"What are you up to little monster?"

Eli giggled loudly.

"Not a monster!"

"Running in while daddy is having a meeting makes you a little monster."

The little boy kicked wildly as his father held him close and blew raspberries on his cheeks. I smiled at the sight.

"Okay boys, that's enough it's lunch time."

Alex's POV

I was happy.

I was the happiest I'd ever been as I watched my fiance and our son splash around in the sprinklers on the lawn as I tried and failed to get a bit of work done.

Ana was due to give birth to our second son in just a few weeks so I was attempting to tie up some loose ends before I took several months off to help Ana with the boys.

I watched them play as I thought over the events of the last two years.

My father and John were both going to spend the rest of their lives in prison for what they'd done to Ana along with the shockingly long list of other crimes that they'd committeed. That along with the divorce from John freed Ana from the constant paranoia that she'd become accustomed to living with. She smiled more, she talked more, she was more outgoing as the days went on. She still had nightmares about what she'd gone through throughout her life and while she was with my father on occasion but she was easily comforted. She knew that she was safe, she knew that she could find comfort in me and our friends and family.

She knew she wasn't alone anymore.

She was happy.

And that was all that mattered.