Chapter 10

Alexander's POV

*Flashback to the night before*

"Mr. Rush, you have a call from a Mr. Grey, he says it's urgent."

I looked up in annoyance at my secretary. She was the third secretary I've had this month and it looked like she would end up just like the other two, fired and humiliated. I knew she would be like the rest, she would try to sleep with me and I would be all too happy to oblige. Then she would think there was some chance of us having a relationship and I would happily prove her wrong and fire her before she's even dressed. I looked at her cleavage that was practically spilling out of her blouse and then up to her overly made up face. She resembled my niece when she got into her mother's makeup.

"What does he want?"

"He didn't say, just that it was urgent that he spoke to you. I could tell him to call tomorrow if you like."

She was batting her thick false eyelashes in a way that I assumed was supposed to turn me on, it was did the exact opposite in reality.

"No, I'll take it now."

She smiles in what I assume was supposed to be an alluring way and turned and walked in a very unsexy manner. I disregarded thoughts of my pathetic secretary and picked up the phone on my desk.

"What do you want Cameron?"

"Alex, I need your help."

I sat up straighter at the panic in his voice. Cameron was always in a good mood and I had never seen him any other way in the twenty years that I had known him.

"What's going on Cameron?"

"I need protection for a friend of mine."

"Cameron did you get into trouble with those men again, do you know what I had to do to keep them off your ass the last time?"

"No Alex, I don't need it but a friend does."

"Do they owe money to somebody because I'm not risking my neck for someone I don't know?"

"She doesn't owe any money, but someone wants to hurt, maybe kill her."

"What, no, I'm not risking my safety for some woman who pissed the wrong guy off, that's her problem."

"Alex it's not like that, just come over to Marisa's apartment and I'll explain."

"Fine, I'll pass by once I finish up work."

"Alex! It's nine o' clock at night, you're done with work get over here man."

"Fine, I'm on my way."

I knew I was ahead on all of my work so I shut my computer down and slipped my jacket on. I shut the door to my office and saw my secretary, I forgot her name honestly, sitting on her desk in only her lacy undergarments.

"Leaving already boss? I think you have one more thing to work on before you go."

I knew exactly what she was insinuating, but I wasn't in the mood tonight. So I sent her a smirk and walked over to her and trailed my fingers down her arm, smirking as I felt her shiver under my touch.

"I would love to, but I have to help a friend out tonight."

I saw her face drop but instead of bending her over the desk like I normally would, I decided to tease her by walking away and sending her a smirk over my shoulder, I could almost see her swoon.

I stepped into the elevator and sent her one last look as the doors closed. Once the elevator doors open on the first floor I walked through the lobby and to my car that was parked right in front of the building. I climbed in and headed towards Cameron's annoying girlfriend's apartment. Traffic was light so it only took me ten minutes to get to her side of town. I pulled up to the apartment building and made my way up the stairs to the second floor. I knew her apartment was the one with the stupid door decorations over it. I knocked three times and waited. Cameron opened the door after a few seconds and the look on his face was nothing that I had seen before. His face was a mix of anger and sadness and he kept quiet as he gestured me in. I took a look around and the apartment was trashed. Shelves were knocked over, couches were overturned, and tables were smashed.