Chapter 12

I had been living with Alexander Rush for a month now and we had formed a sort of routine. He would leave before I was awake and get home when I was asleep so it came as a bit of a shock when I heard a knock at my door. I knew Nate and Jacob usually just hung around downstairs until I came down to make breakfast so I assumed it was some kind of emergency. I got out of bed, still using my chair set up to get out and rushed to the door. I almost screamed when I saw Alexander standing there, a neutral expression on his face.

"Uh-I-uh, can I help you?"

"Cameron said you had a doctor's appointment scheduled for today, you can't go to the doctor so I'm bringing her to you."

"What?"

"Well she isn't your regular doctor, she's my family's private doctor so I can trust her to be discreet."

"Okay, where is she?"

"She's on her way, I just came to let you know she was coming."

"Okay, well thank you Mr. Rush."

I saw his eyes flicker over my head and his eyebrows drew together.

"Why is that chair right there?"

I let out a nervous laugh.

"The bed sits pretty high and it's hard to climb in with this belly so I had to improvise."

He didn't say anything but a small smile made its way on to his handsome face. His amused eyes looked down at me and he smiled at me before turning around and leaving. I stood there at my door for a few seconds trying to process that encounter. In the end I chalked it up to him being in a good mood and went to get dressed. I chose one of the only shirts that stretched across my belly and a pair of leggings and went and brushed my teeth and tamed my hair. I made my way downstairs to make pancakes, Nate and Jacob's favorite. They were sitting at the breakfast bar, like always chatting.

"Morning guys, pancakes okay."

"Morning Ana, pancakes are great!"

I laughed at their childlike enthusiasm and gathered the ingredients for breakfast. I had just finished my food when my curiosity got the best of me.

"Guys, do you know if he left yet?"

Nate mumbled around a mouth full of food.

"No, I think he's up in his cave somewhere."

"Do you think he's hungry, I've never seen him eat before."

They both shrugged and went back to eating. Thanks for the help guys.

I plated some of the pancakes, eggs, and bacon and poured a glass of orange juice and placed it all on a tray I found in one of the cabinets. Nate and Jacob watched me as I grabbed up the tray and made my way to the stairs. I walked to the west wing where I knew his office was and knocked on the door. I walked in after I heard a muffled 'come in' and saw Alexander sitting at his desk looking high and mighty. He hadn't looked up yet so I cleared my throat to get his attention. His head snapped up and his blue eyes met my hazel ones.

"Can I help you?" He asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Um-well, Nate and Jacob said that you hadn't left for work and I didn't know if you ate breakfast or not, so I brought you some."

I was so nervous to be in a room alone with him, especially with the intense way he was looking at me. He shuffled a few papers around and stood up and made his way toward me. He was a man of intimidating size and I felt like a child standing in front of him. He reached out and took the tray from me.