The Two Halves of a Puzzle

AUTHOR'S POV

Jaipur, India

The day after Dusshera,  a grand celebration unfolds at the sacred grounds of the newly constructed Shiva Temple, an architectural marvel that stands as a tribute to the Lord of Destruction and Renewal.  The temple is created as a symbol of welcoming the new king, according to the royal tradition each time someone took over the throne the new ruler had to worship the lord Shiva, But this time the tradition was revised as a new temple was constructed by the biggest devotee of Lord Shiva, the ruler of Rajasthan, Rana Riddhaan Veer Shekhawat. The temple's entrance is a magnificent gateway adorned with intricately carved stone, depicting scenes from Lord Shiva's mythology. A pair of massive, antique doors slowly swing open, revealing the sanctum within. The threshold is lined with fragrant marigold garlands and fragrant sandalwood paste, imparting a heavenly fragrance to the air.

A wide, flower-strewn path leads to the temple's main entrance, where priests and dignitaries stand, waiting to welcome their prince who had recently taken the throne of King

The temple itself is a marvel of sacred architecture, constructed from marble with the finishing of gold and many gems that gleam brilliantly in the sunlight. Adorned with carvings of serpents, gods, and celestial beings, reach toward the heavens.

The whole temple was glistening with golden light. In the center a magnificent lingam, an embodiment of Lord Shiva was present, bathed in fragrant oils, milk, and honey. All the priests, clad in pristine yellow and red attire, offer prayers and perform rituals. The aroma of sandalwood, datura, and bel patra,  mixed with the sweet fragrance of freshly plucked jasmine and roses, created an intoxicating scent that scattered in each and every corner of the temple enhancing its beauty.

Every person from the royal family was there, starting with the head Vardhan Veer Shekhawat, the grandfather of Riddhaan and his wife, his father Jaiveer Shekhawat and his wife, his uncle Shaurya Shekhwat and his family.

''The auspicious time is about to start Where is Rana sa'' the priest asked the woman in front of him, clad in a red Banarsi Saree, pleated with gold wires. Her aura is powerful so is her status because she is none other than, the mother of the King, Mrs. Ragini Shekhwat. She twitched her brows and gestured for someone to come forward.

 She twitched her brows and gestured for someone to come forward