ECLIPSING YUGS: THE BEGINNING OF A DIVINE SAGA

In Treta Yug

AUTHOR'S POV

In the peaceful era of Treatā Yuga, there was a village nestled among hills, where everything seemed touched by a divine hand. The cottages, painted in cheerful colours, were adorned with paintings of gods and goddesses, bringing stories to life. Laughter filled the air, mingling with the sweet scent of camphor from every household.

Amidst this serene setting lay a sacred garden, a heaven of peace and beauty. Framed by fragrant jasmine vines, its entrance welcomed visitors with a symphony of colours – roses, marigolds, and lotus flowers adorned its paths. At its heart stood a magnificent banyan tree, its roots intertwining with the earth like the bonds of eternity.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the village, the garden seemed to come alive with a magical energy. Fireflies danced among the flowers, their tiny lights twinkling like stars in the night sky. And overhead, the moon rose, bathing the garden in a silver luminescence that turned every leaf and petal into a work of art. Beneath the sprawling branches of the sacred banyan tree, villagers gathered in hushed whispers, their voices mingling with the gentle rustle of leaves.

Suddenly the peace of the night was shattered by the sudden eruption of chaos, the ground beneath their feet began to tremble, sending shockwaves of fear through the villagers gathered beneath the banyan tree. A group of demons charged towards them. Among them, towering above the rest, was ASHVASUR, a figure of dread and threat. Standing at a towering height of nine feet, his monstrous form seemed to eclipse the very stars themselves. His skin, a sickly shade of charcoal black, was etched with scars and symbols of dark magic, pulsating with dark energy.

Ashvasura's eyes burned like smouldering embers, casting a horrifying glare that struck terror into the hearts of all who beheld him. With a twisted smirk, he commanded his army to attack the helpless villagers. The air filled with screams as they were slaughtered, their flesh torn and devoured by the demonic horde.

The air was thick with the scent of blood and death as the massacre unfolded before the horrified eyes of the villagers. Mothers cried out in anguish as their children were torn from their arms, their pleas for mercy falling on deaf ears. The sounds of screams and agony echoed through the village, a haunting symphony of destruction.

''Hey Narayan, save us'' the villagers cried out, their voices trembling with fear and desperation. But their cries seemed to be swallowed by the darkness, lost amidst the horrors unfolding around them.

With a wicked laugh that sent shivers down the spine of even the bravest soul, Ashvasura mocked their pleas. "Your Narayan can't save you from me" he taunted, his voice dripping with sheer confidence. "I am the ruler of this world and no human, no god can challenge my power''.

Blood flowed like rivers through the once peaceful garden, staining the earth crimson and filling the air with the metallic scent of death. With Each life taken, each scream silenced, only served to feed their insatiable hunger for destruction. And as the night wore on, the village was consumed by a darkness from which there seemed to be no escape. Their screams of agony served only to fuel his sadistic pleasure, as he reveled in the chaos and destruction he had wrought.

Shyasha, a powerful demon king, performed intense penance to please Lord Brahma, the creator god. Brahma appeared before him and offered a boon. Shyasha asked for immortality, but Brahma explained that immortality was not possible. Instead, Shyasha cleverly asked for a boon to grant a shield that no one could break, so he cannot be killed by a god or goddess and whenever any demonic power will fight against him he can suck their powers. 

"Grant me, oh divine one, an impenetrable shield against all threats, mortal or celestial. Let no weapon flinch upon my flesh, no magic sway my will, no animal, no human, no god  being challenge my supremacy.''