THE SPARK OF THE TEMPTATION

RIDDHAAN'S POV

Shekhawat Mansion

I walked into the hallway, looking at the shiny chandeliers casting a warm and inviting glow. The hall was beautifully decorated with the theme of gold and red, it was the same as before. I have not stepped into this mansion for the last 5 years but today I was forced to be present. I was invited by my grandfather, to this special dinner and I know what this dinner is going to lead to. My eyes went to the corner where a long dining table, set with fine china and silverware, took center stage beneath another grand chandelier. My whole family was invited here and to my surprise, Rajvansh's are invited here too.

Shekhwats and Rajvanshs are on a single roof, this has to be some stupid shit.

They are our family rivals and our families are literally at each other's throats almost every single time. So how did this miracle happen? The atmosphere inside the house, too looks harmonious, no bloodshed happened, strange.

I looked around my so-called family was seated around the table. My lovely parents or should I say pretending to be lovely were looking at me and smiling at me. They were about to stand up but I gestured them to be seated. I ignored them, it would suffocate me to no end. Next is my brother, The first one is Arshat who was busy on his phone, probably lining up for his political meetings, yes he is one of the council ministers and the second one is Aryansh who is glaring at me furiously. Did I mention he is the defence minister of India? 

Well, politics runs in my family's vein, no one could take royalty and politics from them. 

Then comes Rajvansh, the head Vikram Rajvansh and his wife Sakshi Rajvansh, their sons Sarthak Rajvash and Aahan Rajvansh, and then comes the only princess of Rajvansh and my only headache, Samiksha Rajvansh. 

I looked at her and she winked and showed a middle finger just to annoy me, I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour. I walked forward and took my seat, my not-so-sweet mother just looked at me with her hearty eyes which seemed pretty fake to me but never mind.

There is going to be much drama today. My aging patriarch oh sorry my darling grandpa came and sat at the head of the table, and the room became dead silent as the sense of his authority filled the air. The whole room becomes silent with his entry and I fucking can't breathe in, I could feel the eyes of three persons I loathe already on me. The dinner was served and without saying anything everyone just hoped on their food.

As the dinner progressed I waited for someone to say something but no one said anything so I too concentrated on the Lasagna I was having. Just as I was going to have the first bite, I heard a throat-clearing sound from my darling grandpa, and I knew it was for me.

Should I answer back and let the drama unfold or should I first finish my food? and then let it happen. So, as a man of culture, I focused on my priorities and munched my lasagna ignoring everything.

''I think it time for you to consider marriage, as the heir to our legacy, remember only a king with a queen is allowed to have the throne, but we revised the rule for you but not anymore'' he compelled and took a huge sigh, I knew it already.

''We have selected a girl for you'' Yay now I should dance or what.

''She is Samiksha, I hope you already know her'' Yes I do know her, she is my fucking annoying best friend and the secret love of my right hand. I looked at my side Ekansh's eyes had bulged out, he was staring at my grandpa so intensely probably planning his murder in his mind. I bet if would let his intrusive thoughts win, my grandpa would be six feet in the ground and I would be getting all his property, That sounds like a great plan. You go Ekansh, I will help you to hide his dead body.