9 ~ Not a queen, but an empress

Kabir's POV

Kabir's POV

I was fuming by now listening to that lady pairing me up with that unknown model or actress whatever she was. I know the world is doing the same due to my unbearable family who has not even contacted me once before creating this chaos. They know pretty well that I am not going to marry anyone. Their emotional blackmail and tricks won't work for me. I have been frustrated since yesterday and her words added fuel to the fire.

"YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG" I repeated.

I cannot even bear the thought of any other woman in my life except my princess and here she is declaring us as the best couple out there. Me and Megan! My foot. She looked at me confused while my princess gave me a blank look. I am angry at her as well. How dare she listen to all this quietly and who the hell praises a lady whose name is rumored to be associated with her husband? 'HOT' she literally used that word. I swear I am gonna do some serious damage once I reach out to my family who is the reason behind this whole ordeal.

"What wrong did I say, Mr. Assistant? Kabir Raichand looks amazing with Megan" she asked, raising a brow.

"Kabir Raichand looks great with only one lady and that is Meera," I said firmly.

"Meera? Do you mean Meera ma'am? Our Meera who is sitting in front of me?" she asked wide-eyed.

"Yes" I affirmed and she started laughing hysterically. Meera looked at her amused while I was getting irritated. What was there to laugh about?

"Stop laughing like a fool" I gritted and she laughed harder while sitting on the sofa. Tears spilled out of her eyes and she said in between her laughs,

"Meera isn't a queen to be matched with a king, She is an empress" she breathed. This left me spellbound. She was right. My girl wasn't a queen. She was more than that. She slayed it like she was born to do it but then she never needed a king, to begin with. She loved me unconditionally and just wanted to be treated like a priority. Like she was everything of the man she gave her heart to. She wants a man who would love her like his woman, his soul, and his crown.

"Meera neither needs a king nor an emperor. She wants a MAN who treats her like an empress deserves to be treated" I reverted. Then she stopped her guffawing and looked at me intently.

"Why are we even involving Meera in it? Isn't it all about Kabir and Megan? Why are you so interested by the way?" she asked.

"Because I am the center of this discussion" I reverted.

"How?" she asked. Oops! I am wearing a mask as I was setting the files in a dusty corner of the study. How would she recognize me? I removed the mask and her jaw dropped. I looked at Meera who was silently sipping her coffee finding the whole scenario absolutely interesting. I would have taken my own time admiring her if not for the girl standing in front of me clicking her fingers in front of my face.