19 ~ The Dark Unfolding

Hello People!

I am here with the update. I am pretty much nervous about this chapter because I have no idea how it is. My mood is all haywire, so guys kindly light it up with your beautiful comments and tell me we are going in the right direction. I really really hope you guys like it because I am absolutely freaking out right now.  Do vote and drop inline comments. Love you, guys! You people keep me going.

Happy reading!

Author's POV

"Where is Meera?" He repeated louder this time, and the manager flinched.

"Sir... sir, she went to Ontario with the Guelph hotel interior design group last night," he stammered, making a shock course through his veins.

"What the hell! Who permitted her to leave her job and go this way? Did anyone ask for my permission? What is going on? I want her back right away," he shouted. He was going crazy with anger. How dare she go away without even intimating me? He fumed.

"Sorry sir, but we had a letter officially signed by you allowing her to pursue the next month of her service from the Canada branch as the design thinking intern. The group contains 5 selected people, and she got selected around 2 months back but refused to go at that time. Yesterday she called and showed her interest in joining as soon as possible. The next group was going in half an hour only, so I told her to wait, but she said that she would go with them only. She will resume working with you from next month, sir," he elaborated. Wait! Signed document? Oh fuck! That day, he signed the leave documents of all the employees who were eligible for the Ontario program. She never made a statement about joining them.

"Leave" he dismissed him.

She went away. He was dying to talk to her and she went away. Ahh! Meera, why did you not even tell me before going so far away from me? He mulled. The day, the night, and the month went away thinking about her every minute every second. He tried calling her numerous times but none of them got answered. He called the group and they said she chose to work in solace and preferred the least communicable area where contacting her became more difficult. It was like she wanted to hide. She didn't want to communicate. He went to her home and everything was perfectly normal there. Did I force her to get away to heave a breath of relief? Did I hurt her that much? He questioned himself. So many times this month he was so close to going to Canada and dragging her back home. home. He regretted keeping her away from the peaceful feeling that came along with the word 'home'. He couldn't go to her because of a new project enforced upon him suddenly. Why did she even leave? She is never the one to run away from issues. She talks them out like a sensible person.

Today was a blissful day. The day she would join back and he am going crazy with impatience. He had started talking to her pictures now. That's how crazy she makes him feel.

He was yearning for a glimpse of her beautiful face. Exactly at 9:00, he entered his cabin to be greeted with the aroma of blended cocoa. His perfect coffee settled on the table and he knew she was back. A smile made its way to his lips. He missed this. But where is she? I am yet to confront her. His gaze wandered around.