Season of the Squid: Unforseen Allies

Your P.O.V:

"Welp there go our first impressions..."

As the Panicking ensues around you, you decide that it's better to get to a calmer place...

Walking into one of the buildings with less commotion, you notice a small being with googles and twin teeth walk up to you.

Ammo Knights: Front desk

???: "Hello, Hello! What kind of weapon are you in market for?"

Y/N: "None really, I just wanted to get to a place with less... excitement."

???: "Well in that case I'm Sheldon, the man for all your weapon's needs. nice to meet ya"

Y/N: "Y/N at your disposal."

Sheldon: "Say where did ya get that piece?" He says as he points to the ace holstered on your belt "I've never seen something like that before... but I suppose that's not the only unusual thing with you...

Y/N: "Iiiiignoring that, a friend made it for somebody but it was his last wish for me to wield it..." you respond as you display the ace.

Sheldon:"I see... and where do ya store ink on this thing? I can't seem to find a canister anywhere..." he trails off as he begins to move around you to supposedly get a better view at the ace.

Y/N: "It doesn't."

Sheldon:"Pardon me?"

Y/N: "It doesn't "

Sheldon: "But how does that work, Isn't shooting ink is the whole idea of weapons?"

Y/N: "Well all guns that I'm used to have the firing pin strike the primer, causing it to explode. The spark from the primer ignites the gunpowder. Gas converted from...
(yeah I'm not boring you with the entire explanation but pretend he said it all.)

Y/N: "But the ace being a hand cannon i a different story..."

Sheldon:"Y/N This is... This is Marvelous, and where did you get this anyway?"

Y/N:" Few adventures here and there, retrieved it from a-" You were interrupted by a ding coming from the door and Sheldon went to attend a orange-ish inkling so I put the ace back in it's holster.

Then after a little bit of time the inkling says to Sheldon loud enough for you to hear

???: "Hey isn't that the guy from the news?"

Sheldon: "Sorry pal, I don't have much time to watch the news..."

After that that inkling walks up to me and ask's
???: "Um Mister, how did you do that?" Catching your attention, you respond

Y/N:"Did what?"

???: "Make the drone EXPLODE?"

Y/N: "Uhhh, I just shot it?" You say simply shrugging not quite understanding the question

???: "But ink can't do that can it?!"

She is failing to understand until Sheldon buts in and gives the explanation,Though still shocked she signal's for you to follow her and you , having no other option do as she says.

You follow her until she stops a sewer drain and then disappears.

Taking a few seconds to understand what she meant by that, you pop open the grate and hop down, closing it in the process...

After traveling in the sewer pipes for some time you suddenly jump ou of another grate popping it open and landing on your feet.

You look around in confusion until a inkling with a kimono and an umbrella begins to speak to you

???2: "So... I see you've already met agent 4?"

Y/N: "If you're talking about the girl that lead me here, then yes I have."

???2: "well then, I have an offer..."

Y/N: "Go on..."

???2: " You may have noticed the great zap fish is missing, right? Well I believe the Octarians, lead by Dj Octavio, have stolen the great zap fish and squid napped my cousin, callie..."

???2: "...So my offer is for you to join the New Squidbeak Splatoon and help stop the octarians."

Y/N: "...fine, as a favor from the Vanguard and the Awoken on the reef I will help in your cause"

???2: "Weird way of accepting but sure, welcome aboard Agent 5, Im Marie: Agent 2 of the Splatoon."

Y/N: "Y/N L/N at your disposal"

Marie: "Alright, normally the pathways to where the octarians keep the zap fish are invisible and you would need to ink them to reveal them but since Agent 4 Just went there the pathway is already revealed, so just super jump over there and you'd be good to go."

As you walk over to the "pathway" notice that it's covered with paint or "ink" as they call it but being unable to do this super jump your ghost scans it and transmats you to the location of the zap fish.

Chapter end

Welp this chapter took a little more time that expected but here it is in all it's glory, I hope your liking this book so far and I will be trying to upload consistently... Aaaand that's all hope you enjoyed and see ya soon warlock.

823 Words