Season of the Squid: Warlord amongst Squids

Y/N P.O.V:

"What now?"

You think about what Felwinter just said. Having absolutely no clue as to what to do, especially in the early morning. Where barley anybody is awake.

Both of you eventually decide to just sit down as Y/N tells Felwinter about what happened while he was dead,per example: the red war, Cayde's death, Season of Arrivals, etc.while Felwinter tells the stories of the times of the Warlords and how he became chose to rally under the iron banner.

Felwinter: " So.. you're telling me Rasputin's dead, and the Traveler just booted itself back into orbit?"

Y/N: "I like to think that the Traveler was staring down at the darkness after just standing idly above the city..."

Felwinter: "I see... but if Rasputin's dead, then how did SIVA bring me back?"

Y/N: "Hard to say, this is something new..."

Although it seems like only minutes, most residents of the city have already woken up giving glares to the Warlocks left and right.

None of them notice until one of them flashes a photo using what seems to be a golden age Cell phone with a triangle on top.

The Inkling that took the photo scurries away as both warlocks begin to look around to see nearly everyone giving them stare as the Monitor on Inkopolis tower begins to turn on.

As the Idols appear on screen and do the intro they begin the news segment:

Marina: "You may have noticed a few strange looking people, in fact, you can still see them in the square."

She says as she scratches her disc and shows live footage of you and Felwinter at the table.

You look up unsure of what to do about that, eventually deciding to grapple it with strand and pull it towards you, destroying the drone with a small pocket singularity you formed in your hand.

Pearl: "Hey! Those are expensive!"

Marina: "Well we were spying on them, although sadly we didn't get any understandable audio"

Both of Guardians give a sigh of relief as the notice they were speaking in English since some of the things they said wouldn't be passed around lightly.

Pearl: "And if you're watching this right now... it cost a lot for those!"

Marina: "I wonder what those green strings are..."

Pearl: "Anyways we also found this cool mountain too. It's about a few miles from inkopolis."

She says as Marina snaps out of her trance and scratches her disc.

Marina: "These two mountains seem to have some sort of structure in it, seemingly from the Ancient Times before Inklings. We weren't able to get any close up view of it yet..."

Felwinter: "Isn't that the Felwinter Peak?"

Pearl: "How did they put it there, every squid we sent came back frozen."

Marina: "It's possible that they didn't feel cold somehow."

Pearl: "Not a chance, Everybody feels cold."

Marina: "Maybe they wore heavy clothes or their ink was warmer or-"

Pearl: "Yeah yeah, we probably won't find out either so we can only imagine..."

Marina: "Oh! I almost forgot..."

Marina then scratches her disk as the screen behind them shows the city more lit up then when Y/N first arrived.

Marina: "Due to the Zapfishes mysteriously returning we can now do turf wars more often and use other electronic activities"

Pearl: "Finally! I've been waiting to get back for ages now."

Marina: "I'm sure you have Pearlie"

________________________________

Marina: "And that's all the time we have for today."

Both idols then stand up from their respective seats as they do their signature pose and say: "Don't get cooked, Stay Off The Hook" before the screen turns off.

Both of you look to each other as you say:

Y/N: "Iron temple?"

Felwinter: "Iron Temple."

You get up from your seats and begin to make your move towards the location mentioned, before you are stopped by someone grabbing one of your gauntlets.

Alright, get your hopes up, I'm gonna try to start writing this again, last migraine I got finally made my brain get this story to go forward for once.

685 Words