ix (edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

My eyes droop close again, I quickly open it looking at Mr. McClain as I have done all morning, I am in a battle which I am losing, I know I can't fight sleep but I tried.

I had slept early like I do every single night since I began working but the urge to sleep is so strong. I think it's because I'm bored. Mr. McClain had finished his meeting with the accounting department but he stayed back in the board room to work and he told me to stay with him. We have been here for almost two hour. He asked me to cancel all his appointments today. I'm not sure I'll stay awake for long, I'm bored, tired and hungry.

My eyes close slowly, again.

The door bursts open, I turn to see who dares open the door without knocking. Bryan. He is carrying a cardboard box with a paper bag, he steps into the board room and uses his leg to close the door. "I have been waiting for you in your office." He tells Mr. McClain, walking to him not even seeing me, I watch both of them.

Mr. McClain doesn't even look up from his work. "I'm very busy, Bryan." He says and continues typing on his laptop.

"I brought food." Bryan tells him and sits down adjacent Mr. McClain, he opens the box and the smell of icing and baked deliciousness wafts through the air, making me salivate.

Mr. McClain lifts his head and looks inside the box, "You know I don't like those sugary stuff." He complains.

That's probably why your heart is black. I retort in my head.

Bryan shrugs and smiles, taking a doughnut with chocolate and sprinkles on it and takes a bite, I watch him eat, "I bought what I like, I'm tired of eating those your boring healthy stuff." He retorts after he's done chewing his doughnut, he takes another bite, Mr. McClain goes back to his work. I stare at the doughnut in his hand hungrily, I haven't eaten anything except from the muffin I bought for the meeting. 

"Where's your PA? I didn't see her at her desk." He asks muffled because he's still chewing the doughnut.

Mr. McClain lifts his head to see if I'm still where I was and points at me, Bryan follows his gaze and smiles sheepishly at me, "Oh. I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Bryan apologizes smiling cheekily.

I just nod and give him a small smile, I don't even feel bad that he didn't notice me, I don't have a crush on him again. Gladis had told me he had a girlfriend. I'm not even sure if it was crush, I was mostly just fascinated.

"You must be hungry this fat ass hasn't let you leave to eat, has he? Come and share my doughnut and Oreos with me since someone doesn't want sugar." He rolls his eyes, my smile increases a little at the name he refers to his friend with.

I'm hungry, he offered so there's nothing wrong, I get up from my chair and walk to his side of the table, I sit besides him, he pushes the box of the doughnut to me so I can take. I scan the box and pick the other chocolate icing with sprinkles, I eat it right away no even savouring it with my eye.

Bryan chuckles next to me and my cheeks goes warm, thank God for my color. "You don't waste time, I see." He  teases me, making me start to eat slowly, "No don't mind me, eat however you like." He takes another doughnut.

I finish the doughnut in two minutes, "Thank you." I tell him really grateful to him.

He sends me a smile, his mouth full with his fourth doughnut, he is a fast eater, it's like it's vacuuming it.

"Slow down Bryan." Mr. McClain speaks up, I had forgotten he was in the room, as if that's is possible. "You might choke." Bryan shrugs and takes his fifth.