xxiv(edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

I can't believe I'm drinking alcohol again today but it was really Gladis' bright idea. Instead of us going out like I planned, she said it wouldn't be fun since the three of us were hungover. Now we were at home chilling back and relaxing, playing games, eating a lot of fast food, the room was full with paper bags. When Gladis brought out the drink in paper bags we all declined but when she tells us it is wine, the two agree and I reluctantly agreed. After yesterday I'm not sure I can look at any drink again but here I am half drunk giggling, like a crazy person, at everything.

"What's so funny?" Diego asks, looking at me funny but I couldn't get myself  to stop.

"Look at me," I point at Marcel who is groaning and patting his stomach, he looks like he is about to puke.

"Babe are you ok?" Diego asks looking concerned at him, Marcel turns to look at him with a do I look ok to you? expression. Diego gets up and walks to him, bending down, he tends to him.

Gladis comes back, stumbling to me, she falls on my laps, "Ugh I just emptied my stomach." I giggle and she hits me on the shoulder but I can't stop. "The wine gas gotten to you baby girl."

I stop giggling a bit, tilting my head to the side, somebody phone rings in the table, "It's your phone Gbemi....Here." Gladis pushes the phone in my face, I grab the phone from her, giving her a smile, I don't check the phone I just pick the call, placing the phone on my ear.

"Hello, you just dialled Gbemi's would," I say, Gladis raises a brow.

"Hey," a deep baritone voice speaks, "Gbemi is that you?"

How does this person know my name

"Who are you?" I ask bluntly.

"It is me."

"You? Who? Tell me your name or I'll cut this call." Gladis looks like she's trying really hard not to laugh.

"Jerry. Jeremiah Sullivan." He tells me, I sober up immediately. Memories punches me, it makes me feel dizzy, I can see pictures of a younger version of me and a younger him running around in our most visited playground. A picture of a birthday party I'm not sure if it's mine or his but we're both happy smiling at each other. Both if us entering school together smiling widely even though my smile stopped when Madison appeared. Both of us splashing water at each other in the swimming pool at his house. Both of us dating secretly when he came back from his boarding school and him taking my virginity, which made things awkward between us so I ended things with him. I remember walking away from him. "Hey are you there?" He asks

"Are you ok?" Gladis mouths.

"Yes," I answer both of them, "Oh Jerry, how did you get my number,?" I ask shocked he called I haven't spoken to him in half a decade.

"I asked your dad for it," he answered simply. "I want to tell you something."

"Oh ok, what's it?"

"I'm getting married."

"Oh that's good to hear. Congratulations." I tell him, happy for him. "So who's the lucky girl?"

"Madison Davis," my phone drops down from my hand as the name leaves his mouth. I'm in shock.

I don't remember how I get on the couch with a blanket wrapped all over me. I look around to see Gladis and the guys surrounding me, their faces worried. Then I remember the call, Jerry, he told me he was getting married. To Madison.

"Are you ok?" Gladis asks in a sympathetic manner.

"I'm not sure," I answer sincerely.

"What happened? We were, still, are worried even Jeremiah," she tells me.

" He told me he was getting married." I say simply.

"Ok, do you have any romantic feelings for him?" Diego asks, I grimace, "I'm guessing that's a 'no'"

"Yes. It's not him getting married that the issue. He is getting married to my bully in high school, that's the issue." I explain to them.

"You were bullied in high school?" Marcel asked liking at me sympathetically.

"I don't like to talk about it, so many people don't know, only Dani but she doesn't know the extent of it." I tell him, looking at the stray wools in the blanket.

"It's ok, I was also bullied because of my difference, " Marcel says I lift my head and see his eyes shining in understanding. I give a small smile. We stay in silence for a few minutes, it's a comfortable silence, the type I like.

"So, who is this Jeremiah guy?" Gladis asks, I can tell she has been thinking of who Jeremiah was in my life.

"He was my best friend, my dad worked in his father's company, as his accountant, so we spent a lot of time together. He lived really close by. We did everything together even if he was a year older than me, he understood me better than anyone aside from my family. He defended and beat up any boy that disturbed me. During my last year of middle school his father took him to a boarding school, because they were busy and didn't have enough time for him. When he was gone Madison Davis, the cheer captain and also my bully, she decided it was time to make my life a living hell," I took a deep breath, pausing and I looked at each if my friends face before continuing, "In his sophomore year, Jerry decided to tell me he liked me, I was a fresher then and Madison had spread rumors and no guy wanted to be around me, so imagine my best friend, a guy asking me out. I'm not going to lie and say I liked him like that because I didn't. To me he was always my best friend but he wanted a relationship and I suppose I agreed to it. we dated in secret for a year, we snuck out to meet each other, when he was around, things were ok. Comfortable, he didn't push me to do anything and I appreciated that, one night we slept together because I wanted out relationship to go further than kisses and hugs," I paused again, taking in a deep breath. "We had sex and it was uncomfortable for me, things became awkward for me then and I ended things with him. We've avoided each other since then."

"I want to ask, why and how did things become awkward?" Marcel speaks first.

"I don't know, I knew I didn't have any romantic feelings for him, I could only really love him as a friend. I wasn't sure I could ever love him like that it felt awkward for me 'cause I knew how he felt and I knew back then I wouldn't return the feelings. And to be sincere I was using him, when he was around he took my mind off Madison and how she set the whole school against me." I answer, feeling like a bitch, this is the first time I'm telling anyone what happened seven years ago, my family has always asked what went wrong but I always lied to them, ashamed of their opinions on the matter.

"What exactly did Madison tell the boys?" Diego asks, searching my face.

I close my eyes, "She told them I was a witch and I would use my voodoo to take their lives if they came close to me. She also spread rumors that I was a whore and published my phone number on a pornographic website, I got ton of calls that I had to change my number, a couple of times."

"She sounds like a bitch."

"Yeah, she was. Maybe she has changed. I know Jerry, he wouldn't marry a bitch." I say in conviction. "She really didn't mind me much but when she did, it was to make me a social pariah," I sigh.

"I can't believe he'll want to marry like her, she sounds like an awful person," Gladis mutters, tears spring to my eyes, I haven't even told her the extent Madison had to go to make my life hellish and she still supports me. Madison didn't only take away my social life, she took away my trust for people but as I sit surrounded by this three people, I know I can be able to trust again.

🌟

Again thank you for waiting for these chapters.
Please again help share, let's reach 1.150k reads before the end of this year. And add to your reading list.

LOVE YOU❤️.