xxx (edited)

I look at the mirror, liking the result of my make up. That's right I applied make up for myself and I was liking the results. It wasn't much, just eyeliners that made my eyes pops and I used a bit of purple eyeshadow because of my outfit which was lavender coloured and I applied a nude lipstick and I also applied concealers to hide my stress marks. Dani had helped with my hair, she used gel, to pull it back and put it in a very simple hair do, I'm sure I won't be able to do.

My dress was pretty simple, it was a beautiful lavender, I brought from NYC. It had two layers, chiffon inside and a flower patterned lacy material outside. The sleeve was bell shaped stopping just below my elbow. The neckline was very modest, but the back was v shaped, which was pretty deep so I didn't put on bra, I borrowed nipple covers from Dani. The gown looked elegant on me. It stopped above my kneel. I paired with a silver stiletto and clutch, I borrowed from mum.

"Are you ready, Gbemi?" Mum asks from outside my door, "Dani, Carl?"

"I'm ready mum," I reply walking to the door, not to carry the clutch on my bed.

I open the door, seeing mum standing there dressed in a sky blue dress with embroidery and jewelries on it. I loved it immediately, it is really beautiful. The sleeve of the dress was big almost swallowing her whole hand, it was a bohemian dress. She tied the scarf on her head like a crown. "Mum you look beautiful," I compliment her, smiling.

She smiles back, "Thanks dear, you very good yourself, the color of these dress really suits you," she says scanning my outfit. "I love it."

I give her a twirl, "Thanks Mum."

"Dani and Carl. Where are you? Everyone is ready to go," mum shouts hitting Dani's door.

"We're coming, mum. Just adding the finishing touches," Dani tells her shouting back.

"Let's wait for them downstairs then, Gbemi, your father father is waiting for us," mum says and I nod, letting her go first before following after her. Both if us making small talks as we make our descent. Dad is in the living room, wearing a sky blue shirt, looks like him and mum are pairing thus year. He pairs it with a black dress pants, he is buttoning the sleeve as we join him.

"Darling aren't you going to get a cold?" He asks sounding worried eyeing the length of the dress, I look down at the length, wanting to see if the dress has ridden up but it's still the same length as before. My dad is really protective, and sometimes I don't blame him he has two female children but other times I find it annoying.

"Dad I'm literally covered," I tell him.

"Go wear a jacket, Gbemi," he says sternly.

"Calm down dadzilla, it's not even short," mum supports me like I knew she'd.

"But she might get a cold."

"She's a big girl, she can take care of herself, right?" She directs the question to me, I nod vigorously.

Dad finally relents, grunting.

We wait for a couple if minutes before mum shouts at Dani and Carl to hurry up. They come down, Carl's hand around Dani, both wearing stupid smiles. Both their faces were flushed and if I looked closely both their lips were swollen. Letting everyone in the room know they had been playing tensile hockey.

"Both of you can't survive a day without shoving your tongues down each other's throat," I groan looking at them with slight disgust.

"Gbemi," mum scolds with a smile on her face knowing I am right.

"You're just jealous," Dani retorts.

"Yeah, you wish.'

"Ok let's go. The Sullivans will be expecting us," dad cuts both of us.

I take in the Dani's dress, it is a corset and a full skirt stopping below her knee, she's wearing a little cute heel.

"And put on a jacket Dani," dad tells her.

She walks to the coat racks and picks her jacket, before turning to me. "You did your makeup yourself?" Gladis asks, I nod and she looks shocked.

Mum speaks up to, "You did it yourself? It's good."

"Thanks mum, I learnt it from Gladis" I tell them.

"Carl let's go since the ladies are having difficulties walking out the door," dad says clearly frustrated with three of us.

"Sir, I was thinking we, Dani and myself could go together in my car." Carl suggests looking hopeful.

"Not going to happen. I let you both in a room together, that's enough for me," dad shuts down his suggestion quickly. "The SUV will be enough for all of us."

I giggle at both of them. Dani glares at me.

Dad herds us out of the house.

🌟
Hey guys,
I'm back with a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it.
Life update: I'm sure most of you are wondering why I'm still updating the story, we haven't really resumed and we'll be really resuming next year.

How is everyone?
I hope we're all staying and anticipating for this year's Christmas.
Love you❤️.