xxxvii(edited)

Adam's POV

I don't know why I repeatedly keep checking my phone, looking to see if Gbemi had replied my request. I keep unconsciously doing it. She had told me she'd get to me through Gladis but I just couldn't help myself, unconsciously praying she'd change her mind and just message me instead, saving me the stress.

Bryan barges into my office, making me swivel my head quickly from my phone to my MacBook, pretending to type before raising my head to glare at him. "Don't you knock?"

"My best friend owns this office, so no," he replies with that stupid grin on his face, that fools a lot of people, that he was a cheerful person, but I knew better. He had demons of his own.

I look unimpressed at him, he sits down on one the chairs opposite from mine and places one if his leg on the other. "What do you want?"

"Nothing, I'm just bored out of my mind," he tells me. "Then I thought, oh, I have a friend who is the boss," he says smirking.

I roll my eyes, "As you can see I'm busy."

"I can see that," he says. I look at him then at the door pointedly.

He pouts, "But I want to be with you."

"I'm busy, I don't want any distractions." I insist, my phone goes off and I quickly pick it up and check, when I see a notification from Tweeter telling me of a new follower, I scowl, disappointed and drop it back.

Bryan gives out a long humming sound, I look at him, wincing internally - he saw that - he isn't going to let it go. Turning my disappointed scowl into a glare, quickly. "Don't give me that face, man. What were you waiting impatiently for?"

I think of a way to escape this, without him finding out about Gbemi. "I wanted to surprise Kairo with a customized you for his Christmas gift but the company said they wouldn't be able to do it, since they would be busy throughout this month," I lie, thank God I have something to use.

I'm sorry Kairo.

"That's sad but I'm sure you can get him something else," Bryan suggests.

"Yeah that's what I plan to do," I agree, drumming my fingers on my table. I look at the screen, the sketch of a bungalow was on the screen. The client that ask for this, is a close family friend, from my mother's side, though. One of the few I still kept contact with. He had reached out, telling me he wanted to build a bungalow for his daughter as her eighteenth birthday present. Knowing the other architectures were busy with a bigger project, I decided to do it myself since I wasn't really busy with any other project as of now.

I liked the way this particular work came together, if I was honest with myself. The bungalow had a open planned living room and a kitchen, which shared the same space. There was a balcony that outlooks a swimming pool, I planned on adding as my own gift to her. I added two decently sized bedrooms with a bathroom and a toilet, I also planned on adding a built in tub.

"Adam," Bryan calls, I raise my head to look at him, "What are you so invested in on your screen?"

"I started a personal project," he raises a brow, knowing I didn't do any personal project and he knew the reason. "You remember Mr. June?"

"Your mum's friend? Sure."

"He reached out and told me he wanted to build a little bungalow for his daughter, Lisa. Can you believe she turning twenty one in six months time?"

"Wow. Little Lisa?" I nod. "How time flies." Bryan whistles, I smile understanding him perfectly well.

"Yeah, I was shocked too. Time really flies," I agree with him.

We're silent for a while, my mind drifting to it's main course, over the pass few weeks. My eyes goes to my phone again, glaring at it.

"Kairo wouldn't care about his gift, Adam. Customized or not. As far it's from you he'll love it," Bryan says breaking my thoughts.

I look up at him, confused. "Huh?"

"The gift you wanted to give Kairo?"

"Oh, that." I say remembering the lie I told him.

"Isn't that what's bothering you?" He asks innocently, catching up to my lie.

"It is. I'm bothered."

"Ok then," he checked his wrist watch. "I have looked for your trouble enough. I'm out," he gets up and leaves my office, making it quiet again. My phone beeps, I rush to take it and I see a message not from the person I'm expecting but from my stupid friend.

'You're acting suspicious, I must find out why' I shake my head and roll my eyes chuckling at myself.

Gbemi, this is how you make me feel.

🌟
Hey guys,
Another update from Adam. Looks our boy got his head clouded with Gbemi.😍😍.
Don't forget to vote, comment and also share.
Add to your reading list if possible.
Thank you for the votes and the love you've been giving my story.
Love y'all ♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️.