xxii

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

We get to the club, surprisingly in one piece. Diego is a maniac driver. It's a miracle we didn't get pulled over by the cops. I'm wondering how he even has a driver's license, I spent the car ride gripping the seat for my dear life, Gladis seemed fine with his driving skill or maybe she is just used to his maniacal driving. I get out of the car quickly like my ass is on fire, breathing heavily, both of them don't notice as they get out. My breathing calms down after a while and I look around, only seeing and empty parking lot except from two cars parked far from where Diego parked. I instantly become worried, "Are you sure this is the club?"

"Yes Gbemi. This is the back, nobody uses it except from the owner and I'm friends with him so he gave us a pass," he tells me, looking over at me with a smile. His phone pings, and he pulls it out from his pocket, which is surprisingly easy compared to what I thought. He checks the notification, "Marcel is in. He got us VIP tables." He says enthusiastically.

"Let's go parttttttyyyyyy!!!!!!!!," He screams and runs to the building, which is like 50 feet's away from us. Sometimes I forget he's older than me.

Gladis and I turn to each other, smiling before sprinting to meet him. The three of us racing to the building.

[[|]]

The music blares from the speaker at the other side of the room. The structure of the building is open planned, from the VIP section, which was the first floor, you could see what was happening on the ground floor and it was jam-packed. People were dressed in various costumes, all gravitating on the dance floor, losing themselves to the beat. This is my first time in a club and it's weird for me to see people like this, without any care. Marcel was nodding sling to the music, playing, using his phone. Gladis is silent just watching silently, which is weird because she's always the life of the party shining bright, but the last few days I noticed she has become very reserved, I could tell something was up but I didn't know how to bring it up. Diego went to get us drinks, he didn't even ask what we wanted. I guess I'll to trust him and drink whatever he brings, I scrunch my nose at that.

"Let's take pictures," Marcel speaks up, Gladis shrugs and looks at me asking for my opinion.

"That'll be great," I say, having memories of this day will be awesome. A start of a new memory for Halloween.

Marcel claps his hand excitedly, looking very much like a kid. "Let's come together." Gladis is already on his side and I'm sitting on the other side of the  C- shaped sofas. They were really comfortable and were made with velvet instead of leather, like some clubs or restaurant would use to entice customers. I scoot over to Gladis'side. "Selfie time," he taos on the camera icon and rests on Gladis leg, holding the camera far from our faces to get better angle. The three of us wear bug smiles on our faces and Marcel taps on the white icon at the end of the screen, to capture a memory.

"Lemme see the picture," Gladis says holding her hand out for his phone, he hands it to her and she wears a smile at seeing the picture. I take a look at the picture and it looks very awesome. We all look happy, the smiles on our face genuine. "I like it. Let's take more."

"Yeah," I agree with her.

We move to take the next picture in different poses. My head in Gladis' shoulder and hers on Marcel's and he wears a big smile looking rather handsome. His hair slicked back. He dressed as Dracula and he didn't miss any detail. He taps away at the icon, capturing another moment.

We take about five more before Diego comes back with a tray our drink on top. "You guys didn't tell me we were taking pictures," he says sounding mad, he drops the tray on the table and sits on Marcel's lap Luke it's his throne.

Gladis rolls her eyes and grabs a yellowish coloured drink from the tray. "I hope you got it right this time," she takes a sip of her drink.

Diego turns to her, narrowing his eyes, "You're really ungrateful at times." He takes a brownish coloured drink and takes the other one with the same colouring and gives it to Marcel.

She just shrugs, taking a sip of her drink, I look at the three of them, "Is that one for me?"

"Yes. I brought you a cranberry vodka." He says grinning like a mad man, taking a sip of his drink.

"Should I trust you to take it?" I ask, sighing.

"Yes," he tells me, Gladis snorts. I look at both of them, "Don't mind her."

I take the pink coloured drink and bring the cup to my lips hesitantly, I look at Diego's face, he's wearing a smile, silently urging me to drink it. I take a tentative sip, it tastes sweet, then it burns my throat, probably the vodka. I hum liking it.

"She likes it," Diego says, pumping his hand in the air, smiling broadly.

Gladis shrug and doesn't say anything, she looks lost in thought. I nudge her gently with my elbow, she turns her head to me, "You okay? You just seem a bit distracted."

She gives me a small smile, which is unusual, she's known for her larger than life smile. Gladis and her smiles goes hand and hand, together. They make her beautifully her. "Yes, just a bit stressed, that's all." She answers sounding cheery but I know it's a lie. Her eyes don't have their usual spark in them but I nod anyways. Making a mental note to ask her what's wrong when we're alone.

"Picture time." Diego says giddily, Marcel shakes his head, looking at his partner, with a fond look.

"We can't take pictures like this, Diego. You're talker than me," Marcel says which is true. Diego is talker than Marcel by inches where as myself and Gladis were the same height, were just couple of feet's shorter than him, Marcel. They change position, Marcel perched on Diego's lap and we spend the night taking pictures too many pictures, talking and laughing.

I order cranberry vodka through the night, after taking pictures, we end on the dance floor. I'm border on drunk, the guys are drunk, too. Gladis is just tipsy. On the dance floor, two guys come and dance with Gladis and me. I can't really tell their features because if the neon lights and everything looks hazy to me. The one with blonde dances with Gladis and his friend dances with me, he kind of reminds me of Bryan. Gladis reveals her costume, she's dressed as a stripper, the guy she us dancing with almost loses his mind and they leave together. I make out with Bryan's lookalike and I become uncomfortable when he starts groping me roughly. Thankfully Diego and Marcel cones to my rescue, apart from that, everything is blank.

🌟
Please read, vote, comment and share.