Mischievous Monkey

(POV:Reader)

-"This is just great! I come to study gorillas and get my notebook taken by a monkey" I muttered, annoyed with the monkey as I followed after him, having to stop every few to collect all the papers he was ripping out of my notebook.

-"Finally!" I snatched the notebook from him but he kept the drawing of him.

-"I want that back on the count of three" I warned and he stuck his tongue out.

-"1..."

-"2..."

-"Oh! Look, bananas!" he turned to the direction I was pointing and I snatched the paper away.

-"I can't believe you fell for that one" I giggled, looking at the monkey who was still processing what had just happened.

-"Oh, don't cry"

-"I-I'll fix this, how 'bout I draw you a new one, hmm?" he continued to cry.

-"Oh, come on, what would your parents say?" I gave a yelp when loud roaring followed after my sentence. I looked up to see too many monkeys to count.

-"I'll make him a new one" I offered and began to back up, but I ended up falling because of tripping on a fallen tree that I had not seen.

I quickly stood up and ran as fast as I could, trying not to look back at all the monkeys who were chasing me. I could see ahead a cliff, I would have to jump, there was no other way, but there was no way I could make the jump, it was far.

Seeing as it was either falling down the cliff and hopefully landing on water or getting killed by monkeys I took my chances with the cliff. I jumped, and as predicted I was falling until something caught me by the waist.

-"AHHHHH!" I yelled at the stranger who was helping me. I was mortified, whether that be of almost falling and dying or the stranger who was helping me was very much unknown.

Eventually we landed on a tree where he held me in a bridal style which made me very much uncomfortable. So I scrambled away from him.

-"Put me down!"

-"Put me down!" he set me down carefully but seeing the height we were at I held onto him. To make matters worse the monkeys had caught up to us and he picked me up once more, taking a tree vine to get us away from there.

-"Oh my goodness!" I yelled in fear of the monkeys who were catching up. Eventually one catching up so close they were able to pull me back from the collar of my dress.

-"AHHH! Help!" I yelled as the monkeys dragged me away.

The strange man was able to take me back and we both ran away from the monkeys, before he picked me up again to swing across to a different tree so they wouldn't see us.

It worked until all the monkeys piled up on a tree branch that snapped and broke half of the tree we were standing on which resulted in him moving to stand only inches away from me, our faces inches apart.

Two monkeys came down, I assumed the mother and the little one who I had talked to earlier was the baby, they were speaking but I understood none of it. But the man did, and he was even able to reply and took the drawing that I had rolled up by the ribbon that was around the waist of my dress, handing it to the monkey.

As he continued to talk to the monkey and hand him the paper I took this as a chance to leave. I carefully tried to get down from the tree, and my fear of heights was not helping one bit.

-"I'm in a tree with a man who can speak to monkeys"

-"I'm in a tree with a man who can speak to monkeys!" I whisper yelled, trying to process what had just happened as I got down.

(A/N):

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!