Interview with shopinlady!!!!

1) How did you come up with your name?

It's actually my mom's username and it just stuck.

2) What grade did you ( or you are) in? I wanted to know so I can learn abot anorexia.

I'm in 8th grade and we only studied this topic for about a week so I was interested but not really educated.  I looked up more and I thought it would be a good way to show people I care.

3) In your story Skinny Minnie, did you feel like you were Minnie as you were writing?

 I personally, don't have a disorder but for some reason I only write first person POV.  It makes me feel like my characters are a part of me, like with the way Minnie is so emotional.  I care about my friend's and want to help them, but sometimes they influence me.  (Just not the way like Minnie)

4) Do you think you will go to college, or stick with being an author?

I actually want to go to college for either being an Elementary Teacher or an Editor for magazines or books.  I also want to write books in my free time because that’s been a part of me since I learned to read and write.

5) Do you think you have wrote or read more in your lifetime?

 I think I have read more.  I usually read about 1500 pages a week.  (About 6 or 7 books)  I love writing books too though.  Some might be more for little kids or more my age.  Either way I want my readers to be satisfied. 

6) How would you react if your friend was in a situation like Minnie's?

I would do my best to help them through their rough times.  I’m a major softie and I hate to see someone struggling.  I would help my friend’s help themselves.  It might not make sense but when you think about it, you can’t help someone if they don’t want your help.  (A line from Skinny Minnie)

7) Do you like using the Photo and Viedo buttons?

I do, but sometimes it gets annoying.  I might occasionally put up a song or video I like, but how do I know if someone else likes it?  I don’t want to bother them with bad music.  I usually listen to stuff like JB (no hating) Katy Perry, Usher, Bruno Mars, even more older music from when my parents were kids.  It’s cool to see what was popular in their generation.

8) Do you use the shuffle button?

Honestly no.  I don’t know why, but I just never thought of it.  It just never seemed appealing.

9) Do you use the dedication button?

I have before, but I try to keep a policy of only people I really know and love.  It sounds cheesy but I usually dedicate it to my grandma.  She has never been judgmental of me and she always supports me even when my stories are so weird.  Occasionally I will dedicate it to someone who has inspired me.

10) Do you hate it when people you fan on Wattpad update there status 24/7?

Not really, when I fan someone I like to keep informed on what is happening.  It’s when they update every 5 minutes that I get a little bothered.  (Only a little because I have been guilty myself)

11) Has someone ever demanded something on Wattpad?

I assume you mean from me, a lot of people demand me to fix spelling errors or write longer stories, is when I get a bit aggravated.  I won’t do it if they demand.  But if they ask then I will.  Like on Skinny Minnie for instance, I will be fixing errors.  I don’t mind doing what my fans ask of me to an extent.  But I don’t appreciate being bossed.

12) I LOVE your writing! Where do you get so many ideas?

 I really don’t know.  Many of them come from dreams.  Just really weird dreams.  (Don’t ask)  I also get them from other books.  They might just mention one word and that can set off triggers in my mind that make sentences that would fit perfect with a topic.

13) Do you like to listen to music when you write?

 I usually listen to the type of music that fits my mood because it helps me think of different things to write and keeps the creative juices flowing.  Right now I’m listening to Just the Way You are by Bruno Mars.

14) Do you think you will be writing (for fun) for life?

I will be writing for fun and to maybe try to get one published if I ever get the courage.

15) Would you ever use Wattpad for a school project?

Depends on the project.  If we need to make a real life story, I might steal a few chapters from Skinny Minnie with changes.  I wouldn’t want to cheat a project so I’d make adjustments to fit what is being asked, but most of the assignments in English I think up.

16) How did you become popular on Wattpad?

I really have no idea.  I remember when I was so excited I have 100 reads.  I felt so amazing that SOMEONE out there was reading what I had to say.  It made me feel untouchable.  Then I have 500 reads and 10 fans.  I would brag to my parents and they would praise me.  Then one day someone pointed out that racingheart had millions of reads for each story.  I still didn’t care.  I was doing great for me. And that was all that mattered.  I am so grateful for each and every one of the reads, votes, and fans, Thank you everyone who even glanced at my stories.

17) Would you ever host a Fan Club for yourself?

No, because I’m not a ‘fan’ of myself.  I mean yeah I love myself (not in a vain way) but I wouldn’t start a club for myself.  I’d leave that to my true fans.

18) When someone dedicates something to you, what is your reaction?

My heart flutters.  I feel so special that someone likes me enough to dedicate something to me.  I mean, someone wrote something and thought of me.  It just feels perfect.

19) What was your first reaction to being on the What's Hot list?

I thought something was messed up with the system.  I had no idea people thought my stories were that good.  I thought they were okay but wow! #54. I almost started crying.

20) Is writing your life?

 Writing will always be a part of my life and I hope it remains that way.  I always cringe when I hear people say how they hate reading.  How can you hate something that creates an entire other world of adventure?  I cannot imagine myself choosing a future career for myself that would not involve one of my passions.  I just have a few words for my fans. ~Always go for your dreams, no matter how much they seem unreachable~