Part 3- The Investigation and the Disappointment

After hours of close analyzation Wednesday had finally gotten a match on the handwriting. As she was about to walk out the door of her room she hears whispering on the other side. A voice very well known to her says "I really want to ask Wednesday out, but I don't think she likes me...", the other person responds, "I think you should just go for it!", "Okay, thank you." says the familiar voice, and then Enid walks through the door, bumping into Wednesday.

Before Wednesday can fall to the floor, Enid catches her, Wednesday falling into her arms gracefully. "Oh, thank you Enid.."

"I will always be here to catch you whenever you fall, Wednesday." Enid said with a warm smile on her face. After Wednesday is back on her feet, Enid grabs her shoulders and stares at her for a moment and then says "Listen...I need to ask you something."

"Yes, I'm listening" Wednesday said curiously.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Rave'N dance with me? I know it's bad timing considering you're investigating a murder and all, but I would like you to think about it at least, okay?"

Wednesday stared at Enid with a blank expression, feeling her face heat up. "Ok."

"Ok????, is that a yes?!?!?!?!?" Enid says, shocked at Wednesday's response, but before she could ask anymore questions Wednesday is already through the door, off to confront the culprit of that note.

As Thing and Wednesday are wandering the halls of Nevermore in search of the suspect, she can't help but wonder if Enid was serious about going to Rave'n with her. She shoves the thought away as she sees him, the one behind the letter left at the scene, Ajax. Before she is able to say a word to him, they make eye contact and he starts running, but Thing was a step ahead, he had tied his shoe laces so Ajax fell to the ground. Wednesday made a mental note to not thank him for that later.

With the halls now being empty because everyone is in their rooms since it's after dark, Wednesday decides it's the perfect place and time to question him. She starts off by asking "Why did you write this note that was found in the foolish werewolf Jacob's mouth?"

"I can explain!" Ajax exclaims.

"You better get started before I grab my drill." Wednesday said with a slight smirk.

"Ok, ok!, you don't have to do that. So, there I was, sneaking into the attic for reasons that are totally irrelevant to the murder and everything! I saw him, and when we were younger he tried to kill my cat, so i made sure to take advantage of the opportunity to humiliate him! I didn't kill him though, he was already dead, I was the one who told Bianca about the body, and she told everyone else." Ajax stated, terrified of the girl in front of him. He really did not want her to pull out her drill.

Wednesday stared at him from underneath her eyelashes. She got her answer, however she found opportunity here. It seemed that Ajax was very..protective of what he was initially going to the attic for. She found opportunity for a possible future blackmail, or perhaps something to make Enid stay away from the disgusting boy.

"Tell me, Ajax. Why were you going into the attic?" Her stare felt more intense, as Ajax began to sweat clearly very nervous.

"I already told you, its useless information, I thought you didn't like wasting your time on 'pointless' things." Ajax tried to coerce the girl to stand down and leave the subject alone, it did not work.

Wednesday reached behind her and pulled out a dagger of sorts. She stared directly into his eyes. This made Ajax almost cry, the murderous intent so very clear in her eyes, the amount of hatred far too much for him to take.

"I will ask one more time." She placed the blade against his neck. "What were you doing in the attic?"

"OK! ok! ILL TELL YOU!!" Ajax choked out, he was overcome with fear. "I-I was... I was just... I went to smoke, okay?"

Wednesday raised an eyebrow, slightly confused.
"Smoke?"

"Yes.. like weed." Wednesday just stared at him with disbelief, throwing her head back and laughing, very maniacal laughter. It sent shivers down Ajax's spine.

"You disgust me." Wednesday spoke, expression blank, as if she had not been laughing a moment ago. "This truly was pointless." She dropped the dagger back to her side and turned around, walking away as if nothing happened.

"I guess she satisfied." He mumbled under his breath. "crazy bitch."

"Who?" Enid questioned from behind him.

Ajax froze, he turned to face her. "Your roommate, shes insane, and I hate her."

"Huh? Hey! Don't talk about Wednesday like that! Shes not insane, she's just weird!"

Ajax looked confused, was Enid actually standing up for the psychopathic goth girl nobody liked? He looked at Enid like she was crazy.

"You're my girlfriend you're supposed to take my side!" He said, slightly angry that Enid would side with someone else, over him.

"Since when? We were never dating Ajax! Maybe you're the insane one!" She stated, before she walked away.

Ajax stood there, pissed off, and feeling extremely humiliated.