Part 4 - Girls

Wednesday sat on her bed, in silence as she waited for Enid to return, when she had made her way back into the dorm Enid hadn't been there. Wednesday felt extremely satisfied with what she had found out from Ajax. Two things that Enid would not be a fan of, Wednesday could almost smile. She imagined a world without Ajax bothering her beloved Enid. Wait, beloved? No, not beloved. Just Enid, normal, cheery, colorful, beautiful Enid. Not beautiful. Disgusting.

Wednesday nearly jumped when the door flung open and in came Enid, who did not seem to be very happy or excitable at this particular moment. She was very clearly upset. Enid stomped over to her side of the room, and plopped down on her bed with a thud. She did not say a single thing. Wednesday stared at her from her own bed. She was entranced by the normally cheerful girl. She felt a wave of protection come over her. Before she could stop herself, Wednesday made her way over to Enid and spoke out to her.

"Who do I have to murder?"

Enid stared up at Wednesday from her bed as she grabbed her hand and pulled her down unexpectedly. She wrapped Wednesday into a hug. Wednesday allowed this to happen, this went on for at least a minute until Wednesday ultimately pulled away. Enid smiled up at the usually colorless girl who now had a shade of red creeping up onto her face. Enid found it to be adorable.

"Awww you're soft for me!"

"Shut up." Wednesday turned around and sat down at her desk, beginning to work on her novel that hadn't been updated in a few days. It annoyed her, between recent murder and Enid she hadn't been able to work on it. Poor Viper had been neglected for far too long.

Then, it came. The horrible sounds and horrific 'melodies' that Enid called music, specifically 'K-pop'. Wednesday attempted to ignore it, but failed. She turned towards Enid, who was stupidly dancing around the room. As Wednesday was about to tell Enid to turn it off and spit out some empty threat to the blonde. Enid ran over, grabbing Wednesdays hand and began dancing with her. Wednesday refused, simply staying as still as possible the only movement was the movements forced upon her by Enid's swaying and excitable hopping. Wednesday pushed Enid away from her.

Enid led Wednesday to her bed and they laid down, Wednesday made no effort to object. In truth, she did not mind laying beside Enid. Only that the horrendous music was still playing.

"Turn it off."

"Do you promise to stay?"

"Yes." Wednesday sighed. Enid on the other hand, smiled brightly, and turned off the music almost immediately. Enid wrapped her arms around Wednesdays waist. "Wait." Wednesday spoke, making Enid look at her, their faces so incredibly close the two girls were both red, each hoping the other would fail to notice. Wednesday quickly turned her head to face opposite of Enid just for extra measures. "I am going to turn off the lights." Wednesday finally said as she stood up.

Enid blinked, slightly upset that Wednesdays warmth had left her, her eyes following the dark girls graceful movements as she turned off the light on her own side of the room and walked into her closet, only taking a moment before coming back out in her black silk sleeping attire. Then as she walked back to Enid, turning off her lamp and laying down beside her once again. Part of Enid did not think that Wednesday would actually come back, she half-expected her to just lay down on her own bed, on her side of the room, to avoid the color she was so very allergic to.

Enid smiled as she wrapped her arms around the shorter girl once again. She was shocked when Wednesday returned the favor by doing the same to her. Then, once again even more shocked when Wednesday leaned closer to her and placed a soft kiss on the blondes forehead. Enid couldn't help but let out a small noise, she was practically beaming with joy.

"Goodnight, Enid."

"Goodnight, Wends!"

"Don't call me that."

"Aww you love it when I call you nicknames!"

Wednesday neither confirmed nor denied this claim, she simply just rested her head against Enid's as she drifted off to sleep.