Part 8 - The Future

Five years later...

Enid and Wednesday were on their way to the church to practice their vows of love to each other. During this time all of their close friends were watching in shock as to what the two powerful women had become, soon to be united as one.

Wednesday's perspective

Wednesday was not sure about everything that had happened throughout their lives during the time they attended Nevermore High, but she was sure about one thing. She was confident in the idea of spending the rest of her life with Enid, her beloved Enid.

But on the other hand, she wasn't sure if she could handle everyone's eyes watching her at the ceremony, it scared her a little, to make this choice of publicly getting married. It scared her because she didn't want anyone else to witness the moment that her and Enid would get married, because she wanted nobody else to set eyes on the two of them during the ceremony because it was going to be a special moment in her life.

Enid's perspective

Enid struggled to meet the deadlines for projects leading up to the wedding. She was exhausted from doing most of the work for the special event, but in the end, it was all worth it for her. Mostly because she loved Wednesday more than anything or anyone else on the Earth, but she would do anything for Wednesday, because her love was infinite.

Enid rushed to put everything together, picking which colors go best with each floral design chosen for the lush carpets that will be placed upon the entrance of the church. As she was doing this her eyes lit up with happiness because Wednesday walked into the room and greeted her with a slow kiss on the cheek, smiling while doing so. Enid thought to herself: This is why I'm doing this, to have many more precious moments such as these. Just as she was thinking this, Wednesday complimented Enid on the cozy deep navy-blue cardigan, accented with a light green.

Enid smiled warmly; she loved it when Wednesday complimented her. In return of Wednesday's compliment, she told Wednesday that she also liked the black and white striped polo she was wearing, and that she was the only person that could possibly pull it off, and surely, she was the one who wore it the best, with her black dress pants that were fit for any occasion. However, this moment was short lived because she saw the upcoming question that was about to leave her maroon lips: "Would you like to go outside and take a break, eat a bagel or something similar?" This was not what she had expected to happen, Enid had thought Wednesday would inquire on how much more planning needed to be done.

Wednesday's perspective

Enid then grinned as she took Wednesday's hand, Wednesday loved it when she had that look on her face, of happiness, and she was glad that she could be the one to provide that for her. While as she took her hand, she skipped outside and sat down at one of the tables, shivering slightly because of the wind biting at her body. Wednesday noted that, and then offered to go somewhere else, warmer for her beloved. However, Enid declined this offer, she said that as long as she got to talk to Wednesday, she could handle the wind that was slowly dying down, but still enough to make someone want to curl up with some coffee and read a book.

Enid asked "Sooo, what did you want to talk about?", Wednesday replied with "I wanted to know if you have figured out when the final date will be, when I can kiss you knowing that you'll be mine for the rest of our lives." Enid's face turned red at what Wednesday said. Wednesday enjoyed making Enid's face turn red because she became so embarrassed over these things, but she knew that Enid secretly took pleasure in hearing these things too. Enid finally able to utter anything says, "I want that day to come too, that's why I'm rushing to get all the preparations done as fast as possible, I want you to be mine for the rest of our lives."